There is a screen issue on my iPad. Is it a good reason to get exchange ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by vigorblade, Mar 17, 2012.

1. vigorblade macrumors member

Hello, MacRumors fam

I received the new iPad on 3/16, this is my first iPad and really loving it, but I noticed something on my screen yesterday when reading on a white screen. There is something under my screen that looks like a hair to me. It is at the bottom right of my screen.

Is this a good reason to get an exchange and how long should I wait for the iPad buying frenzy to die down before going to the apple store to exchange it ?

A couple of things to note:

- I pre-ordered mine through apple.com
    - Has personal engraving on back by apple (will this be a problem for exchange ?):cool:

See image.

Attached Files:

2. christophermdia macrumors 6502a

christophermdia

Take it back, they will return it with engraving for defects which this obviously is. I would probably forgo the engraving on a replacement it will be worth more in the end should you choose to sell and upgrade.

3. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

No doubt it is a hair!

Maybe it is good luck!

4. lostboyz macrumors member

lostboyz

U shld change it, my iPad had this hair like thingy then it turns out to be a crack underneath. As times goes by it become longer. But in e end I sold it away to change to the new iPad.

5. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

Yes, you should definitely exchange it within 14 days.

6. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

When watching the Foxconn "expose" from ABC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLuPtMvvwA0

I was struck that the workers were allowed to have their hair exposed. I would have thought, since they are run through an air blower to remove dust from their clothing, that they'd be wearing hair nets. Oh well, just saying that there is indeed a possibility that it is a hair.

7. ArztMac macrumors regular

ArztMac

I'd take the hair out and do a DNA analysis and let the data cross check with all Foxconn employees. Would be fun to know who's hair it was, just for LOLz.

8. vigorblade thread starter macrumors member

Thanks all, I will take it back, likely by next week. As christophermdia mentioned, will opt for no engraving this time. :cool: