There is no UNLOCKED iPhone 5S on Apple Store app?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hotsjf, Sep 19, 2013.

1. hotsjf macrumors newbie

Hey guys

I'm planning to get the unlocked iPhone 5S from online store tonight

But on the apple website, there is only T-Mobile contract free 5S, and on the Apple Store app, there is even no unlocked iPhone 5S at all?

Any idea? Does it mean there is no unlocked iPhone 5S on the launch day?

thanks

2. user-name-here macrumors 65816

There were no unlocked iPhone 5 for sale last year on launch day. They came 1 - 2 months later.

Take from that what you will...

3. rolly3 macrumors newbie

They're gone.

I guess I'll take that as good news I'll just have to go that long without a phone.

At least by that time I'll be able to get one without fighting other people.

4. apigul macrumors newbie

unlocked iphone 5s

on the Apple site under T Mobile iphone 5s it says: "When you travel internationally, you can use a nano-SIM card for iPhone 5s from a local GSM carrier"
    to me, it means that the phone is unlocked and can be used with any carrier anywhere in the world including the US. They come with T Mobile SIM card pre-installed to encourage people to use their service.

5. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Why would you reach that conclusion when they specifically state "when you travel internationally"?

6. KPOM macrumors G5

Others have confirmed on other threads that the T-Mobile phone purchased from Apple's online site is unlocked for domestic and international SIMs.

Also, the Verizon iPhone is unlocked, so a device-only purchase (which unfortunately can only be done in-store from Apple) is another option, as is a device-only purchase of an AT&T model. They all support the same 3G and LTE bands.

7. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

The T-Mobile version from Apple Retail or Online is unlocked. It's been confirmed too many times to argue the point.

8. pat.micunnis macrumors regular

If you do not have an "upgrade eligible" line, I would suggest adding an "extra" line. Yes, this is subsidized pricing.

When your phone arrives, return it to the Apple store and buy it buy as "device only."

9. Mr-Kerrse macrumors 6502

Is fine in the UK

Summary

iPhone 5s 16GB Gold
    Unlocked
    Purchase Information
    £549.00 null
    Financing available
    Estimate Payments Dispatched:
    October Free Delivery Continue