There is still hope for a 4,3'' screen on the 5S !

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tazuki, Aug 30, 2013.

1. tazuki macrumors newbie

i just checked the MR "Roundups". this feature is really nice!

it has all the "info" we have so far, so it helps to cross reference rumors for different products and it made me think:

1. the logic board changes for the 5S, including the position of mounting screws ont the back plate and the position of the connectors of the screen on the logic board, led to the conclusion that we saw the leaked screen for the 5S with 4''.

2. it seems the position of the mounting screws is the same on the 5C's back plate as it is for the 5S.

3. we don't have the leaked screen of the 5C but we know it will be 4''.

so, maybe, just maybe, the logic board of the 5C is the same as the 5S (but with different chips) and the leaked screen that we think it's for the 5S, is in fact for the 5C...

all this for keeping the hope on a 4,3'' screen on the 5S :)

what do you think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. blerns3 macrumors 6502

This would make my decision of whether to sell my 5 and get the 5S a lot easier...but I still, I highly doubt it.

3. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

Your post is utterly confusing and flawed. It's highly highly unlikely the screen will be 4.3 inches

4. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

Wishful thinking. There is NO WAY Apple will change the screen size this year.

5. tazuki thread starter macrumors newbie

Your post lacks objectivity and is utterly contradictory.

care to elaborate on what you didn't understand?

(if you didn't understand how did you find flaws?)

6. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

I really can't be bothered.

7. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

I would love to see it but history tells us there's no way this is happening, not this year at least.

8. kaielement macrumors 65816

I don't want a bigger screen I have a tablet for that I have no need for bigger lol 4" is prefect

9. Greg Schroeder macrumors newbie

As a consumer I don't think I'd even bother with a new phone with just a .3 inch screen size increase.

10. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

I would and so would many others that are foaming at the mouth ranting about why apple will not give them a wider display. If its in the same form factors, go for it Apple.

OP, thank you for the post....;)

11. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

My Apple sauces are saying a 4.3" screen will come with the 5S. It's the 5C that will retain the iPhone 5 screen size.

12. Virginaustralia macrumors regular

oh my GOD! WE DONT NEED LARGER SCREENS ON SMARTPHONES! IPHONE 5 IS THE ONLY PHONE THESE DAYS THAT LETS YOU USE ONE HAND!!!!!!!

13. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

You need bigger hands.

14. freediverdude macrumors 6502a

15. mytakeontech macrumors 6502a

No way....

We are talking about Apple here...

BTW...no change is size of iPhone5S makes my decision easier. There is no reason for me to upgrade...

16. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Pwned.

17. stormchaser macrumors 6502

stormchaser

This.

18. Spacial macrumors 6502

I agree. Yet historically Apples notorious for clinging onto their mantra of one handed usage being of the highest order. Then if we factor in the adjustments required by many of their users to acclimate to even the smallest changes in display size, it may violate the "it just works" line of reasoning. With robust sales no matter what Apple includes or excludes, display size may be of little concern. It's all about the gold color this year. An easy and clever way for Apple to generate buzz & big profit.

19. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

I refuse to believe the 5S will have a 4.3" screen. If that is the route they go it would be the 6. I just can't see Apple enlarging the screen size and calling it an S model. If they roll out a bigger screen next month I can't see it being called the 5S.

20. bigjim83 macrumors 6502

Baby hands!!!!!

21. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

1. Thanks for speaking for everyone who uses an iPhone. Oh, wait. You don't. Thanks for your opinion, and that's all it is.

2. I can use the S3 with one hand, and I don't have large hands. People learn to adapt.

3. The iPhones launching this fall will not have a larger screen. When will people realize with so many leaks it is impossible for Apple to be manufacturing a larger size iPhone without any leaks.

Deal with the truth, not what you want the truth to be.

22. sumsingwong macrumors 6502a

sumsingwong

PPI is lower. Resolution remains the same. It's just being stretched out. No thank you.

23. Ajones330 macrumors 6502a

Ajones330

24. cynics macrumors G4

There is still hope for a 4,3'' screen on the 5S !

I'd take a 22ppi lower display if its going from IPS to IGZO without a second thought. If it was 4.3", well thats a no brainer for me. That allow could add 1.5 - 2 times more battery life for heavy users that have the screen on much of the day.

I doubt we'll see IGZO though. Sharp stated at CES 2013 (in January I think) the US market won't see a IGZO equipped smart phone for "quite sometime".

25. businezguy macrumors 6502

If the 5S comes with a 4.3 inch screen and a decent increase in battery life (not to mention the rumored increase in capacity at same price), it will make my decision to upgrade a no brained. I currently have an 8 gig iPhone 4 and I need more speed, larger screen and have very little space left.

With only a 4 inch screen that doesn't even offer a wider screen, I'll be thinking seriously of skipping an upgrade and waiting for the iPhone 6.