Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

There was an IAMA from Foxconn insiders last night on Reddit. Pretty interesting read

Polekat

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
Link
Highlights
*Apple glasses project delayed (2018/2019 may be cancelled)

*Macbook 2018 update DVT with smart any key technology (JV design) More information on technology here[1]

*Apple home speaker (delayed late 2017). Hon Hai lost contract to another CM before Chinese New Year.

*Updated iMac peripherals DVT (2018)

*iPhone 8 EVTs (pre Chinese Lunar Year design)

* iPhone with rear fingerprint sensor = misinformation

* The next iPhone they saw test units with fingerprint scanners mounted below the glass but performance and yield rates were not good. I've seen reports of a rear fingerprint scanner which I haven't seen; our team thinks the previous design + camera authentication is more likely given our intelligence.

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
That insider sure has a lot of deep inside knowledge... I call fake.

But hey, this is the most exciting set of Mac rumors we've had in 5 years.. I feel all sentimental now... *sniff* :D

Comment

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
That insider sure has a lot of deep inside knowledge... I call fake.

But hey, this is the most exciting set of Mac rumors we've had in 5 years.. I feel all sentimental now... *sniff* :D

I expect the iPhone 8 to be very good. OLED display (1440p display), iOS 11 features specific to the OLED model, wireless charging, fast charging via lightning, better dual cameras, 3gb-4gb RAM, A11 processor with more energy efficiency, Retina and Facial detection, a slimmer profile. The other hidden Apple features (hardware and software) won't be discussed until the unveiling.

If it's a GS8+ with iOS, that would be a great phone for me to use for 2-3 years on a contract.

Reactions: cmichaelb
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.