There we go folks. The Tea bagging "libertarian/republican" want to ban alcohol.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by dinaluvsApple, Jun 9, 2010.

1. dinaluvsApple macrumors regular

http://rmcpac.com/viewpoints/new-angle-giving-harry-reid-boot-sharon-angle
    http://slashpolitics.lvcitylife.com/2010/05/prohibition-and-sharron-angle/

“My greatest problem with marijuana is that it’s illegal, which gives Nevadans a false sense of security in this whole thing,” Angle said. “If the DEA has the manpower and wanted to go after this, there is no place in Nevada state law that can protect people because federal law supersedes state law.”

Her opinion, though, ignores states’ rights and individual freedom. Also, Angle’s faith quickly surfaced, extinguishing her argument that she disapproves of medical marijuana primarily on the elementary premise that it’s illegal.

“I would tell you that I have the same feelings about legalizing marijuana, not medical marijuana, but just legalizing marijuana,” Angle offered. “I feel the same about legalizing alcohol.

“The effect on society is so great that I’m just not a real proponent of legalizing any drug or encouraging any drug abuse,” she continued. “I’m elected by the people to protect, and I think that law should protect.”

Heres another gem
    They want to ban women from working!

In another gem, she suggested pretty clearly that it is unacceptable and wrong for both parents to actually hold jobs simultaneously.

"Right now, we say in a traditional home one parent stays home with the children and the other provides the financial support for that family," she said. "That is the acceptable and right thing to do. If we begin to expand that, not only do we dilute the resources that are available, we begin to dilute things like health care, retirement, all the things offered to families that help them be a family."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/09/sharron-angle-nevada-cand_n_605754.html

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

A libertarian should be opposed to both of these since they impinge on one's liberty.

3. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Quite clearly this has more to do with a single individual than it does with the libertarian/republicans.

4. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

She sounds a bit dumb to me but I think its a bit of a stretch to say that she wants to ban alcohol and keep women at home...

5. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

That's what I was gonna say. Hopefully this just ensures this individual has no political future. Especially the family comment, it's not the 50's anymore.

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

She's going to get crucified. Keep going Republicans! Give us more candidates like her! :)

7. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

The problem with that is the progressives that wanted change are pretty damn disheartened right now, probably enough to not come out and vote. I don't want to imagine what would happen if someone like this actually did get into office. :(

8. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

She wants to ban alcohol....in Nevada? That kind of crap might fly in Utah, but Nevada? Seriously? Does she want to ban gambling too? And I'm sure she wants to ban prostitution. The 3 staples of Nevada's economy.

9. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Careful there, she's one of those politicians that wouldn't push for something, only support it, whatever difference that makes. :rolleyes:

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Darlin'- you have too little faith. Take that negative stuff and toss it. You go vote too. ;)

11. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

ban alcohol in Nevada? haaha...I just got back from Vegas and I loved being able to drink along the strip outside. Quite nice

More cities should be like that lol

12. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I'm registering on friday, if there isn't another freakin furlough day :mad:

13. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

My ideal situation would allow one parent to stay home with the kids. I don't really want a stranger raising my kids.

14. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

Actually, my wife stays home, writing and homeschooler our younger son. Financially, it's can be rough but we're making it work.

But, right for me might be wrong for somebody else.

15. bradl, Jun 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2010

bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Funny thing is.. with Angle winning the Reds' election here, it gives more clout to Reid's chances.

See, this is the same Sharron Angle who wants to eliminate Social Security and the Dept. of Education; subjects the rest of the Reds think she is too radical and extreme on, and have been fretting that Reid will go on the warpath about...

.. and as they should be, with Reid having nearly $10 million in the war chest to do so. It's going to get ugly for this particular election, and will be interesting and fun to see how a Tea Partyer handles it in the wolfpack (Univ. of Nevada-Reno pun intended).

BL.

16. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Is it liberals' fault that both parents need to work to stay afloat?

17. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

"No woman should be authorised to stay at home and raise her children. Society should be totally different. Women should not have that choice, precisely because if there is such a choice, too many women will make that one." - Simone de Beauvoir

Oh, the irony of a feminist wanting to restrict a woman's choices.

18. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I don't completely buy that both parents need to work to stay afloat. I think its more about them being selfish than anything else. We are a career and material driven culture.

19. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

Lots of factors involved here.

I'm a designer at a software company. My wife's a schoolteacher. I would absolutely love to be in a position where I made enough money for her to stay home with our son all day. But frankly, we're all on her health plan - and hers is far far better than what my company offers. That's why she's still teaching. Plus, she gets summers off to spend with our son.

So does that make us selfish and career/material-driven? I tend to think of it as pragmatic.

20. supercaliber macrumors regular

Wow, did she really say she wanted to change the law and bring back prohibition?

Oh, wait... no she didn't say that. Mob mentality....

Hmmm, would kids be raised better by one of their own parents or by a nanny, your choice. Hmmmm, probably a parent being involved would be the best option, might not always be possible, but hey that is just me.

21. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Of course you don't. The world only works the way you see it, we all know that. :rolleyes:

Both of my parents work full time (my mom does a ton of over time) and we don't even break 100,000 a year. We have five people and 3 of us are in college. But ya know, they both work because my dad just loves working 6 days a week (sometimes 7) and my mom just looooves staying late at work every night. How selfish of them.

Seriously man, get a goddamn clue about the rest of the world outside your head.

22. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

23. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

24. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

(clip) Bad idea.