There will be an iPhone 6 released next month. 2 reasons why

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, Aug 7, 2013.

1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

It doesn't make sense apple releasing an
    iPhone 5C and an iPhone 5S
    People would be very confused
    Why would apple have 3 phones having the number 5 on it ?
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5C
    iPhone 5S
    It's just very stupid and confusing
    So I believe apple is going to release the iPhone 6 as the premium phone
    And the iPhone 5C as the cheaper phone.. But it will still be better than the iPhone 5 because it will have better better life and less problems with the design
    So it makes more sense to do it like
    iPhone 5C being the cheaper
    And iPhone 6 being the premium one
    And same story for next year
    iPhone 6C and iPhone 7
    C being an updated version of the last year phone with improved battery and fixed errors.
    And maybe that's why ios 7 is so different because the iPhone 6 will have a bigger screen and the fingerprint scanner.

2. AppleCruncher macrumors regular

This would make me happy. As long as the screen on the 6 is bigger. Then I wouldn't have to wait another year to get back to an apple phone.

3. waa1futs macrumors 6502

I personally don't care what the next iPhone is called. I simply care about features and battery life.

4. thaifood macrumors 6502

iphone 5 discontinued with the exception of Applecare replacements. iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C take its place

5. Robster3 macrumors 68000

that's it

6. DBZmusicboy01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

7. yinz macrumors 6502a

What's more interesting is next year, when they introduce the next iPhone C.

iPhone 5S, iPhone 5SC and iPhone 6? LOL..

Your plan is a bit better. Although that would mean that the iphone 5 body would have to be discontinued after one year. I don't know if apple will do that...

8. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

i think apple has had such a headache over the scruff-gate that they could very well have gone back to the drawing board.

that and this year has seen some very impressive devices coming out. the S3 was immensely popular and there is every reason to believe the S4 will follow suit. the HTC ONE has gotten very good reviews, so has the Sony Xperia Z and now the new Moto X. The Nexus 4 is a good phone with an even better value.

in contrast, the iphone 5 somewhat disappointed at release. people weren't drooling all over it like they did with their previews releases, so apple cant afford to rest on their laurels any more. they need to get back that 'wow' factor.

9. nutmac macrumors 68040

iPhone 5C will most likely replace iPhone 5 with similar internals (and probably 8GB instead of 16GB) and cheaper externals.

iPhone 5S will be a successor, iterating on 5 with better camera, dual flash, faster processors, few new hardware features, etc.

In other words, I don't expect iPhone 5 to be sold side-by-side with 5S.

10. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

11. Dulcimer macrumors 6502a

Dulcimer

You're setting yourself up for disappointment...

12. thaifood macrumors 6502

I hardly believe that 2 million pre-orders in 24 hours and 5 million units sold on its first weekend is a disappointment...

13. Minhthien macrumors 6502

Go to amazon.com and search "Spigen iphone 5S" and "Spigen iphone 5C" you will be surprise!:D

14. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

i never said the iphone 5 was an economic failure.

it sold in 3 days the same amount the htc one sold in 2 (or 3, cant remember) months.

but is that due to the iphone 5 superiority over the htc one, or the s4, or the sony z? hardly.

i think the apple fanbase does weigh a lot in this equation. that and their incredible show they put on in every WDC; the ecosystem everyone has gotten so accustomed to; or the apps they've already bought and got in the appstore.

to the average customer, there are barriers involved in switching to a completely new phone and OS. all i am suggesting is that those barriers might become less of a problem if apple doesnt keep up.

15. thaifood macrumors 6502

That's the kicker though. The average customer doesn't read Macrumors. Nor do they analyse the leaks that get thrown around coming up to the release of a new product. If you were to walk up any random bunch of people on the street and ask them what they thought of the rumoured iPhone 5C, they would look at you weirdly.

The "disappointed" reception that was apparently surrounding the 5 release was a socially constructed sense of incompleteness that is catalysed in forums exactly like this one. If someone wants to complain about how the iPhone doesn't have a certain feature, or the screen is different, or HTC has a new device with X specs, they will do it on a technology forum. Technology communities like Macrumors are a fantastic wealth of knowledge and place of discussion for people like us who enjoy those facets of technology. But they represent an extremely skewed perception of what the perceived "general consensus" is.

The average customer just wants something that will work intuitively and provide a robust experience; That is what sells iPhones.

16. Jamesesesesess macrumors 6502a

This would be incredibly awesome but I'm not getting my hopes up :(

17. bdrake47 macrumors regular

Gotta love MacRumors....

18. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

I see them just rebranding the 5 as the 5C and selling the new 5S along side it. There won't be three phones with a 5 on it. The 5C will essentially be the 5 just with a plastic shell and possibly a cheaper camera or something.

19. Poly macrumors 6502

Yeah and what do you want to do with those already existing (old) 5's?! They are FIVES! That makes three devices with a 5 in it.

I REALLY hope that TC is right. I also hope for an overhaul iPhone6 this fall. But it i think Apple will drop their name scheme. Next iPhone will just be 'the new iPhone'.

20. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Hasn't stopped Samsung with the Galaxy S4, Galaxy S4 Active, Galaxy S4 Mini. If Samsung can do it, I see no reason why Apple can't.

21. takeshi74 macrumors 601

They wouldn't. The 5 would be the old model no longer sold. The 5c and 5s would be the current models. If a consumer is confused by the 5c and 5s offerings then the consumer needs to do his/her due diligence instead of solely relying on the model number when shopping.

Makes no sense to me to stagger the model numbers. The c already indicates the purpose of the 5c.

22. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

I guess maybe stop making them, sale em off and use whats left as replacements for those who already own 5ves. Maybe soon we will begin to see news that stores are starting to sale out of their five stock possibly making way for the 5C and the 5S. Or is it too late for that process?

23. Poly macrumors 6502

Apple never was known for making customers do research before buying.
    IMO tc made a valid point. At least i hope it :D

24. Ajones330 macrumors 6502a

Ajones330

Apple may do something pretty dramatic with all the steam rolling behind android as of late. I figure a 5s and 5c but a iPhone 6 would be welcomed...:cool:

25. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

To confused with 2 choices? :eek:

Plastic 5C "low model".

Metal & glass 5S "deluxe model".