There's a Painfully Obvious Reason Fewer Cohabiting Couples

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Sep 13, 2016.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://www.glamour.com/story/theres-a-reason-fewer-cohabiting-couples-are-getting-hitched
    marriage is on it's way out. for many anyways.

2. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

its the decline of morality in the US due to decline in religion being taught in schools!!!

3. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I don't know, kids are somewhat smarter in this regard, have fun & see if things workout BEFORE you sign your life away.

4. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

i was completely joking. kids today are way smarter than before imo

5. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

you owe me a massage & some dark chocolate for taking you serious :mad:

6. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Honestly what's the risk in it for men if it fails, which statistically it will? You lose your house, your pension if lucky enough to have one, forced to pay child support(which you shouldn't have to be forced to do i.e. you should want to take care of your offspring), maybe forced to pay alimony, might be demonized by your children if your ex-wife is the type the lie. Possible for you to lose Rights over an accusation that your wife/soon to be ex-wife may or may not claim.

7. samcraig macrumors P6

I would say that part of the decline in marriage rates and/or older couples getting married is because the role of women (more specifically) has changed. It used to be the norm that you got married and raised a family. Now women work - can often be the breadwinner and do not "require" a man (or another woman to be fair) to have a full life. Nothing wrong with that. But it does change the dynamic and alters how you look at marriage now vs say, the 1930s-1950s.

Also, and this is my assessment only - online dating (and apps) have made many people more interested in playing the field/always looking for something better/more than in the past.

My .02. Now get off my lawn.

8. unlinked macrumors 6502a

Granted I have read women aren't interested in relationships with men who don't have steady employment but what financial requirements are there for couples living together getting married?

9. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

women should be stuck in the Kitchen :D

10. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Requirements or incentives? There are tax incentives. To me they don't balance the risk as a male.

11. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

rather depends on where they live, I know plenty at 30+ still living at home with no plans to ever leave :eek:

12. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Barefoot and Pregnant.

13. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I gave my daughter her heavy back pack and made her put it in the front, took her shoes and made her do some chores , she of course complained but after a few chores I told her.

" if you don't get yourself and education that makes you self sufficient w/o the need of a man, you could be barefoot & preggos doing chores waiting for that section 8 & welfare check to roll in" :eek:

being from a conservative family makes it a bit difficult to even think she will have sex before she gets married, I told her she can have sex 5 years AFTER she gets married :D but with the way things are it's hard to say if she will get married at all :(

14. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

morality? have yu looked at churches today? prosperity churches mega churches televangelists? so called family first groups? catholic churches. I think politicians are more moral :rolleyes:

15. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

i was joking

16. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

so was I just keeping it going.

17. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

no joking in the internet, the internet is serious business my friend :D

18. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

i only am married to my guitar
    --- Post Merged, Sep 13, 2016 ---
    i don't know how my friends stand me. all i do is make stupid jokes and pretend im a philosopher king. but theyve known me for so long that they're stuck with me now

19. samcraig macrumors P6

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

You raise them right, they have a higher chance at success. To me sounds like you are raising her right. I like to think I have had an influence on my nieces and nephews who I am more like an older brother than an Uncle. Two of three are doing good, the third is a knuckhead and does things out of spite.

21. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

she has a 3.9 GPA and I am extremely proud of her :D
    [​IMG]

she is running circles around me programming and I am hoping she sticks with it and starts making apps by the end of this year :D
    I told her she is breaking stereotypes, she is smart, a freaking metal head (loves Ozzy/Avenged seven fold/death metal & some rap/, she is hispanic & still have her eyebrows & is not preggos :p

22. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

and Here I felt guilty wanting to get my daughter the daddy's little monster tee shirt.

23. zin macrumors 6502

You're the stunt double from Breaking Bad, right?

24. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Her Mom must be pretty smart if she's doing that good. Mom must have a thing for midgets.

I kid, I kid.
    :D

25. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Are you left handed?