there's still a file rename bug in iTunes 12.7.1

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by jk73, Nov 5, 2017.

1. jk73 macrumors 6502

I've reported this to Apple several times going back at least 3-4 months, but there's still a file-rename bug in iTunes 12.7.1 for users of iTunes Match and/or iTunes Music Library.

If you remove the download for one or more songs in iTunes and then re-download, the file name of the first song re-downloaded is changed from the song's name to simply "download.m4a". (In a prior version of iTunes, the file's metadata would also get changed/overwritten — the little warning/error icon would appear in the iTunes list view and then the song's name would change to "download" — but Apple corrected that part of the bug a month or two ago. Now, the song's name no longer gets changed/overwritten but the file name still changes, which isn't as apparent since you need to Get Info to see it.)

Maybe someone with a developer account can report this to Apple. Thanks.

2. hwojtek macrumors 65816

hwojtek

3. jk73 thread starter macrumors 6502

I just tried to log in there and it says my account doesn't exist. Are you sure non-developers can use that bug reporting site?

4. hwojtek macrumors 65816

hwojtek

I can be wrong, but it MAY be that I've upgraded my account to 'developer' status so long ago I can not even remember... If so, sorry for confusion.