Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

orange42

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2009
If anyone is debating buying an Apple bumper for $30, I suggest you don't. I got a few of these on eBay recently and they are literally identical and 1/15th the price. http://www.ebay.com/itm/260884641397?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I don't even really use one anymore cause I like my Elago slim case better, or no case at all, but the only down side to these seems to be that the white rubber gets dirty.

Apple on left, bootleg on right.

I am not affiliated with this eBay account at all. Just trying to help.

iSayuSay

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2011
Well thank you, just what I needed. I still experiencing a few dropped calls/no service sign with my iPhone 4S, smart antenna, huh? :rolleyes:

So yes, I need an elegant solution for this, a bumper would be perfect and minimalist solution. Me too think that Apple iPhone Bumper is friggin overpriced at $29.00 for a lousy bumper is crazy even with the Apple Tax.

So thank you again :)

ap3604

macrumors 68000
Jan 11, 2011
Thanks for the tip! :)

Is there any way to make the bumper white again after it gets stained from blue jeans?

DerekTS

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011
They are not identical to the Apple bumpers. You can clearly tell in the picture you posted that the bumper is rubber around the headphone jack, whereas the Apple bumpers are completely plastic around that area.

Superbbrr

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2011
I've been buying these for years on eBay.

Just so sad whenever I'm at an apple store and see yuppies buying $30 pieces of rubber.

mpossoff

macrumors 68020
Mar 21, 2010
Philadelphia
Well thank you, just what I needed. I still experiencing a few dropped calls/no service sign with my iPhone 4S, smart antenna, huh? :rolleyes:

So yes, I need an elegant solution for this, a bumper would be perfect and minimalist solution. Me too think that Apple iPhone Bumper is friggin overpriced at $29.00 for a lousy bumper is crazy even with the Apple Tax.

So thank you again :)

I have a couple of genuine Apple bumper for sale for $18.00 including shipping. Apple Care wasn't able to issue me a credit for Apple Care I purchased from an Amazon seller since they are a 3rd party seller, so Apple let me order certain amount of accessories for free. PM me if you're interested.

orange42

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2009
They are not identical to the Apple bumpers. You can clearly tell in the picture you posted that the bumper is rubber around the headphone jack, whereas the Apple bumpers are completely plastic around that area.

Umm... no. As stated, the one on the left is Apple. Where do you see a difference?
I've been buying these for years on eBay.

Just so sad whenever I'm at an apple store and see yuppies buying $30 pieces of rubber.

Really I don't understand how they get away with robbery like that. No case should be $30 let alone one that has so much less material and just wraps around the band.

orange42

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2009
OP, I think you'll get a lot more help and feedback in the Accessories subforum.

Well I'm not looking for help but I was actually gonna post it in there but forgot because I hate that forum and never check it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.