These Nazi 'MAGA' Letters Are Being Sent All Over New York

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by BigAppleNYC123, Oct 6, 2017.

1. BigAppleNYC123 macrumors regular

BigAppleNYC123

C8880865-226B-4008-92DE-2E5D624CD064.jpeg

The NYPD is currently investigating a series of identical hate-filled letters sent to businesses across New York City featuring Nazi swastikas above Trump's slogan "Make America Great Again," the New York Daily News reports.

The anonymous, anti-Semitic hate mail was reportedly sent to at least nine different businesses in Brooklyn and Manhattan this week, including a Kosher butcher shop, bakeries, a Harlem Starbucks, and the Israeli consulate, according to DNAinfo.

The short, typed letters feature an image of a large swastika and the phrase "Make America Great Again," before continuing with anti-semitic, anti-gay, and racist slurs. "Christian identity is back," the letters read. "Negroes and faggots must burn in hell." They also use the phrase "Judas Raus," a Nazi-era slogan meaning "Jews out" in German.

Weiss Bakery in Borough Park first reported the letter to Brooklyn assemblyman Dov Hikind, who spoke with the bakery owner and alerted the police.

"In light of what's going on the world, all threats must be taken very seriously," Hikind wrote in a Facebook post about the letters. "We're not waiting for an incident before addressing a threat. Fortunately, our community and myself have an excellent relationship with law enforcement—and the NYPD is the best there is at addressing criminal activity."​
    --- Post Merged, Oct 6, 2017 ---
    Eeshy mama.

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

3. daflake macrumors 6502a

Did you have to ask that? :rolleyes:

4. oneMadRssn macrumors 601

oneMadRssn

One for every time you choose to downplay Nazis and rail against Antifa.

5. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

6. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

What's to say these aren't being sent out by the left to stir up commotion? I mean it's not like we've never seen or heard of either side planting people at the others rallys and such.

7. sim667 macrumors 65816

"Muh patriotism" fueled by the Nazi flag....... Couldn't make it up.

8. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

I'll wait for the news story that comes out saying some left wing groups spread these to try to make look like Trump supporters are Nazi's.

9. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

Or a sad ugly dude in mom’s basement with a cool printer.

10. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Pretty soon they're going to play this so much the whole "Nazi" thing is going to get so watered down no one is going to take any of it seriously.

11. TheAppleFairy, Oct 6, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2017

TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

Definitely isn't someone with a graphic arts background.

12. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Juden Raus was a board game. Not even the Nazi's liked playing it.

13. jerwin macrumors 68020

14. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I know what it means and I'm not trying to minimize it. I'm just not going to assume we know who sent these letters out.

15. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

While all this Nazi stuff is a tad obsessive, lets face it; if you have a cockroach problem you don't just shoo them away. You call the exterminator.*

*Disclaimer: I'm not advocating the same treatment for Nazis as what people do to cockroaches. Though I would rather be in the company of a cockroach over a Nazi any day.

16. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

17. LordVic macrumors 603

wait

Last I checked, nazi's were pretty anti-religious and pro-state. so... are these white supremicists using nazi flag incorrectly, or fake nazi's who don't even know what nazism really is?

I'm more going to lean towards they're just morons.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 6, 2017 ---
    this one is hard to tell, but is a possibility due to the wording of the flyer. I' wish I could say that it's got to be nazis, but even here in the great white north we have had flyers being spread around by conservative groups masquerading as left leaning parties with similar messaging that were blatantly fake.

they always start with some hand held photo of some poster like this with "LOOK WHAT WAS SENT TO ME BY THE LIBERAL PARTY!" and it'll be something stupid on it like "Liberal party now endorses bestiality"...

the conservatives will froth in the mouth how evil the liberals are and get worked into a frenzy. Meanwhile, it's some conservative think tank that was spreading the posters.

found one just the other day, and when you went to the website on it, and went to the "writers" page for the "news site"... all the pictures of the authors were actually stock photos from google photos. one was even a recognizable actor!

18. Fancuku macrumors 65816

Fancuku

As fake as they come. Someone had too much time in their hands.

19. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

So, "false flag" and "agent provocateurs?" Or, maybe there really are a clot of Nazis who get their rocks off on this. I'd say considering the overt, weird behavior of American Nazis this last year, the second is more likely.

Also, the site DNAInfo is a hyperlocal news site created in 2009. It's far better than hillemailsnews.com.ru, or similar sites that comprises more and more of right-wing thought these days.

20. jerwin macrumors 68020

When did you last check? Have you read Black Earth?

21. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

No that would never be likely with the left calling anyone who doesn’t agree with them or those don’t disavow Trump unequivocally as a Nazi or white supremacist.

22. citizenzen macrumors 65816

It could have come from anybody: Nazis, Antifa, Russia, or the 400 lb. guy that trump was talking about.

Smells like a hoax to me.

23. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

It came from Obama! He had fax machines installed on those spying microwaves.... it’s always the last person you’d suspect. :D

24. Phonephreak macrumors 6502a

Phonephreak

Remember, this thread starter also wishes people dead. He’s walking a very thin line.
    So I guess every topic here interests you:p

25. 0098386 Suspended

So I find the recent nerd culture naziism thing fascinating. Here’s an excerpt from a book thats doing the rounds right now;

861E2F68-0C3A-420A-992C-DAF8769C80E9.jpeg

Because I noticed this long ago with something called Gamer gate back in 2004. Basically, a group of gamers were annoyed at social progression whilst everyone else continued to move forward. I noticed that, thankfully in a way, the toxic elements of the game community were regrouping into their own, new society. Which is nice for someone that plays games but hates that toxicity, and would rather not be grouped in with people that think gay is an insult and hate on Jews, gay people, transgender people, etc. Typical “Anti SJW” type behaviour, as they say.

But anyways. The toxic group were free to be themselves. Maybe people saw it as a way to one up each other to rise to the top of arseholeness, who knows, but it was gross and getting worse. Racism was rampant. And what appears to have happened is, during this rise of naziism, is they’ve come along for the ride too. It’s exactly as the except says. Nerds angry at other people are easily manipulated. Many writers consider that gamer gate thing to be a precursor to the alt-right and these new nazis.

(side note: some members of the “furry” community came out as being nazi’s, and the whole community there ‘shot them down’ as it were. So that’s nice to hear. (a close friend is a furry so I found out almost first hand about this))

Basically nerds that became Nazi’s are the worst.