They feel like knives

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nevzorus, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Nevzorus macrumors 6502

I saw the white iPhone 5 today in store (It came out today in Sweden, yey!) and they only had the white one. It was gorgeus and the most beautiful phone i've ever seen. I held it and the corners were SO sharp.. it felt like they were going to cut me.. The corners were so shiny. The aluminum had a really strange feeling from the other products with aluminum on the back.

Am I the only one who think it feels like knifes?

2. El3ctronics macrumors 65816

Yea, I bleed every time I use my iPhone. It's annoying but you get used to it.

I contacted Apple about this issue and they simply told me I was holding it wrong.

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Try cutting yourself with a real knife and get back to us.

4. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

He's Swedish; cut him some slack. :)

But no, I haven't noticed any out-of-the-ordinary sharpness to the edges.

5. Nevzorus thread starter macrumors 6502

I know it's not actually a KNIFE but it feels really sharp and weird but REALLY good.

6. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

7. Nevzorus thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you for being serious! I really appreciate that. :)

8. Nevzorus thread starter macrumors 6502

Ugh.. I feel so dumb because I can't explain it. Is there someone from Sweden that can translate this into good english?

Jag känner att kanterna på iPhone 5 är lite väl finslipade, det är en riktigt bra känsla när man rör den men den är lite som en kniv om du förstår hur jag menar.

9. scorpio1973 macrumors 6502a

You are not dumb. And, you explained it well. :)

I took it as the edges of the phone are not as rounded as the 4 or 4S, so it feels sharper. Maybe more rough.

10. El3ctronics macrumors 65816

Don't feel dumb we're just messing around with you. Yes the edges of the iPhone are somewhat rigid and could feel sharp but I promise you'll get used to it in no time. It's not rounded like the original iPhone or the 3G/3GS. I agree those felt better in the hand but I'm so used to the 4/4S/5 design now that it's no big deal.

11. Nevzorus thread starter macrumors 6502

I hope so! Do you have a case on your iPhone 5? Does it become as heavy as the iPhone 4 with a case?

Thank you! :) You explained it exactly like i wanted it

12. KPOM macrumors G5

"Knives" is a bit extreme, but yes it does have a certain sharpness to it. I actually like it. The rounded edges keep it comfortable to hold (and look good, too).

13. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

It's nothing like coming from the 3G or 3GS though. I'm used to the 4/4S so didn't really paid much attention to that. The biggest thing I'm noticing is the increased screen size as well as more vibrant/saturated screen.

14. matttye macrumors 601

Yeah you just need to get Final Cut Pro!

15. scorpio1973 macrumors 6502a

Have to agree about the vibrancy of the screen. My co-worker just got her iPhone 5 and the screen is gorgeous. I can't wait until I am eligible for my upgrade.

16. boltjames macrumors 68040

boltjames

[​IMG]

One of the reasons I've used a bumper the moment I got it out of the box.

BJ

17. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Adding a minimalist style case adds almost no weight to the iPhone 5. I'm using this one. :)

Unlike the case pictured in the post above mine, this case has an open top and bottom, wrapping around the corners for protection.

Attached Files:

18. AFDoc macrumors 68030

A bit dramatic don't you think?

19. Nevzorus thread starter macrumors 6502

20. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Accurately translated. It's really not as sharp as a knife though. I'm holding mine right now and there's no blood.

----------

I was in Stockholm this summer and noticed that almost everyone that had an iPhone had a WHITE iPhone. Would you agree? Apparently, Swedes aren't as hung up on gender definition as we Americans and can appreciate a beautiful design.

21. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

It's important to note that Apple values style & money above all else. Whether it's hot running laptops, poor phone reception, or any one of a number of their famous compromises, it's all in the name of fashion & being percieved as cool.

Targeting beginners & non tech users, Apple has created the massive success & incredible money making machine they are today. Appealing to people's vanity has paid off handsomely.

Creating a following so loyal, they'll buy nearly anything with the fruity logo, Apple's the master of sales & marketing.

It's good to be Apple :)

22. Nevzorus thread starter macrumors 6502

White and black is such a normal colour for phones now so I don't really think anyone would care.

23. CatsTide macrumors 6502

You're good bro...don't worry about the smart a** comments

24. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

if it doesn't kill you, it will only make you stronger

25. RotaryP7 macrumors 6502a

Just use a bumper. It still keeps the iPhone look and w/o any sharp edges issues.

Sharpedgesgate.