They know what book I last read?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by killerrobot, Sep 22, 2007.

1. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

I read this report and was a little freaked out about it.

Why do they need to gather all this information on me?
    Seems ridiculous, illegal and a waste of time --- unless they are going to blackmail us all later, then it wouldn't be a waste of time.:eek::rolleyes:

2. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

I read that too... interesting, I guess if they're just watching you then they are perfectly entitled to. Unless you were reading something that could get you into trouble, I wouldn't worry about it.

3. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Just don't reading any books that might be "suspect" or you'll be suspected of action against the interests of the United States of America. Follow the leader and stick to classics such as...

Bush's Favrit.jpg

4. killerrobot thread starter macrumors 68020

killerrobot

That gives me an idea...I'll put the nudie and guns & ammo mags inside that book to read.;)

I understand I might not ever get in trouble, but why do they need to collect that stuff?

5. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Why can't the government just leave us alone? If it's not a bomb or a weapon then who friggin' cares? It's called control issues, and our government has a severe case of it.

6. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Cause the government is freakin' paranoid, that's why. Not to mention corrupt.

(oh shoot, did I say that? Oh crap here come the popo to wrestle me to the ground and taser me. RUN)

Prof. :apple:

7. bartelby macrumors Core

8. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Don't tase me bro!

Seriously, I don't think the government is paranoid. They just need to be in control of everything, all the time.

Okay, maybe they are paranoid. :)

9. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Nope, no tasers... but this qualifies for the PRSI forum before it goes too much further in that direction. ;)

10. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

So, do you think I'd be safe bringing "Everybody Poops" on a plane? Crapping in the johns in an enclosed place with no outside ventilation such as a plane can be an act of terrorism.

I might just play it safe and read "My Pet Goat" on my next flight, if it's good enough for our fearless leader who's fighting all of those terrorists, it's good enough for us.

11. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Anyone else make it to the end of page 3 of the article?

Lethal

12. killerrobot thread starter macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Yeah, that was the most messed up part. They had copies of his articles while they were "following up" on him.
    Call me crazy, but I think a firefighter would fall into the not-so-terrorist group.

13. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

We have spoken many times of the administrations paranoid views of who the enemy is. It is us. John Dean addresses this in great detail in his book Conservatives Without Conscience. I am on my second read right now. It is an incredible, well-written book. He is in a unique position to explain conservatism and the Republican party.

He was Barry Goldwater son's roommate in college, and learned conservatism from the man himself. Later he became legal advisor to Nixon, and was a key figure during Watergate. He also worked for MSNBC during the Clinton impeachment. Over the years, he has been one of the great scholars of conservatism and has watched the movement splinter into no less than 20 variants, falling into three main categories; social, fiscal and religious.

The current republican party, and their extremist right-wing agenda, is the biggest threat to America we have ever known. Homeland Security is their concoction. Much of their methodology is really an extension of the Nixon-era Huston Plan. To sum it up, it is the collection of information about citizens, everything that can be legally, or illegally obtained about them, whether they are actually a legal, or national threat. Watergate scholars know, that one of the main goals of the 'cover-up' was to prevent the 'plan' being discovered. It was political dynamite.

If you are concerned about what information Homeland Security is collecting about you, the books you read is a very small part of it. Go to a supermarket. You have one of their cards which give you the great savings, right? Well, every item you buy ends up in the database. Do you use your credit card/debit card? yep, every purchase is in there too. Every phone call you make, movie you rent, restaurant you eat at, even the number and types of drinks you have at a bar, is being recorded. Hell, my post is being recorded. I hope arn is not sharing this stuff.

Have a nice day. :)

14. jczubach macrumors 6502

jczubach

Just be like GWB, and read no Books! It works for him. He's the leader of the free world afterall:rolleyes:

15. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Except the bible. :p

16. jczubach macrumors 6502

jczubach

the bible is a neat place to hang out, and then 'dagnabbit' reality takes a seat at the table. Time to go fishin'. anyone want my wife?

17. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

18. jczubach macrumors 6502

jczubach

19. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Last time I traveled I just had audio books in my iPod. Unless the TSA steals my iPod and listens to it they'll have no idea what books I read (listen to).

20. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

He doesn't read that either. When pressed for his favorite Bible quote, he couldn't come up with one. He once lost to a religious man in an early election, so I guess he learned a lot from that. Laura was supposedly fairly religious, but Rove (who's secular BTW) knew how to use religion to their advantage. Read David Kuo's book for more info.