Things i did back in PC and i can't on a Mac. Is there a way?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by emir, May 3, 2010.

1. emir macrumors 6502a

emir

Hi, i transformed my pc to a hackintosh and i am learning what os x is all about because i will get my original mac, macbook pro in 2 months. Mac OS is amazing! There few things i did on my PC but i can't on my Mac though. Here is the list;

-I used to get my avi files directly burned to DVD with ConvertXtoDVD, and i could add subtitles with .srt files too.
    -Mac doesn't get my mic or webcam(probably a hackintosh problem)
    -Watching avi or divx files aren't easy. VLC will probably make it easy but it doesn't work.(probably a hackintosh problem too)
    -Safari crashes on Youtube(and other flash sites)

those are a couple things i can think of right now. Only the first one is serious problem because it is not a hackintosh problem. Is there any software i can use instead of ConvertXtoDVD for windows to do that?

if i remember or encounter other problems i will ask here.
    thanks for your answers...

2. forcefieldkid macrumors 6502

Perian will work to play FLV and (I believe) DivX through Quicktime. Or VLC as you've already stated.

Never had Safari crash on Youtube, once or twice on other flash heavy sites, and that's once or twice in years. No idea what the specs are on your current machine, but the MBP should be able to handle it with ease.

And yes, the Mic and Webcam issues shouldn't happen with a MBP either.

3. cherry su macrumors 65816

cherry su

A workaround for your youtube problem is to use HTML5 video instead of flash. You have to enable this feature by going to http://www.youtube.com/html5 and click `Join the HTML5 Beta'

4. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

Visualhub will work for burning videos directly to DVD. It's the best video converter that I have ever come across for Macs, unfortunately, the developers have stopped working on it and it went open source..... But I'm sure you can find it by other means since you know a thing or two about hacking ;)

5. emir thread starter macrumors 6502a

emir

can you add subtitles on DVDs too? I mean in menus etc...