Things Not To Do in Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mactastic, May 14, 2007.

1. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Mental note... never diss Brent Favre when you are in Cheesehead country pandering for votes.

Doh!

Brownback's response at the podium to the gaffe could be the new symbol for the GOP come to think of it.

Of course, there's also Tommy Thompson's "I had to go to the bathroom, my hearing aid was dead, I had the flu, and the dog ate my homework" excuse for saying that he though employers should be able to fire gay people for being, well -- gay.

Ah well... as Obama has shown, foot-in-mouth disease knows no political boundaries. Too funny.

2. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Having done a bit of public speaking myself, I can confirm just how easy it is to let loose one of these gaffes when you're in the spotlight at the podium. Analogies can get you in trouble faster than anything else though. I keep them to a minimum and never do them on the fly.

3. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

That's a keeper. :D No doubt after that delivery, he left the platform with a tight end.

4. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

Nice! :)

Too bad he couldn't have shared that tight end with Thompson during the debate...

5. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

He doesn't have a chance anyway. Not that I see a front runner. On either side.

Guliani made a similar gaffe the other day, sports related, and was booed too. Not a big deal, but a little funny. As was Romney handing out pamphlets about how attractive he is to the ladies. At least it wasn't Biden's "clean" remark, but I think the abortion thing is what's going to kill their chances. Again, not that there are any clear frontrunners.

6. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Tell ya the truth, I didn't find this nearly as funny as when that paragon of racial enlightenment, Al Sharpton, slammed Mitt Romney by saying, "As for the one Mormon running for office, those who really believe in God will defeat him anyways."

Way to go, Big Al. Don Imus is having a good snicker right about now.