Things that won't be answered at the event but will need to be

Cutwolf

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 11, 2010
Speculation, of course, but based on prior precedent...

I'll start:

1. Will those with grandfathered unlimited 3G data plans be able to upgrade to unlimited 4G, as AT&T has typically allowed on other devices?

Icculus

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2007
Frisco, TX
Speculation, of course, but based on prior precedent...

I'll start:

1. Will those with grandfathered unlimited 3G data plans be able to upgrade to unlimited 4G, as AT&T has typically allowed on other devices?
My .02 on this is AT&T will be killing the grandfathered plans when the next iPhone with 4G comes out. If you look at the signs from AT&T I think its pretty obvious that unlimited data is going away for good....

Cutwolf

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 11, 2010
My .02 on this is AT&T will be killing the grandfathered plans when the next iPhone with 4G comes out. If you look at the signs from AT&T I think its pretty obvious that unlimited data is going away for good....

Killing it for all?

I have grandfathered on both iPhone and iPad. I would mind less if they only killed it on my iPhone.

Icculus

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2007
Frisco, TX
4. Coke or Pepsi?
Dr. Pepper

----------

Killing it for all?

I have grandfathered on both iPhone and iPad. I would mind less if they only killed it on my iPhone.
I am just talking about the iPhone plan, with everything AT&T is doing I just see them pulling the plug on 4G because data that fast with everyone illegally tethering on unlimited will be 10x worse than it is right now for their network. Personally I am tired of jailbreaking to tether than 3-5 times i need it every couple of months, so when new iPhone w/4G comes out I will probably jump ship to the 5GB plan w/tethering.