Things will be great in 2017!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Benjamin Frost, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Benjamin Frost, Jul 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2016

Benjamin Frost Suspended

Benjamin Frost

We have so much to look forward to in 2017!

Donald Trump may be President of the United States of America.

There may be a wall to keep out illegal immigration and criminals from Mexico.

The United Kingdom will be forging ahead with its new-found independence, inspired by the U.S.A.

More countries may leave the European Union.

The EU may implode completely.

Countries across the globe will stand up for their poor and downtrodden, and put their own people and culture first.

Identity politics will be disbanded.

Apple may bring out a new Mac.

Okay, maybe that last one is a bit far-fetched. :D

The future for the world has never looked brighter. It's really great and you're gonna love it. :)

2. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

If you're wrong, what responsibility will you take for selling false lies and misadvertising? :)

Especially as do we want non-Americans telling us how things will be? That's one reason many seem to like Trump: Isolationist and not wanting foreigners' opinions to fetter.

3. Benjamin Frost thread starter Suspended

Benjamin Frost

Complete. :)

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

You know support for the EU has increased by 10% across the continent since the Brexit vote.

5. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

if Trump becomes president this will not happen, it is one of the main things he is running on. Unless of course you mean he will disband all political opposition, which is probably his dream although I think he would run into opposition even from his own party.

6. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

A wall in less then a year? Boy your pretty much a huge dreamer aren't you?

7. DearthnVader macrumors regular

DearthnVader

Really, nations are going to stop with all the "free trade" deals and take the money powers away from the commercial banks?

8. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Less than a year is just as realistic as it happening at any other time in a hypothetical Trump presidency.

9. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

You're delusional.

10. appleisking macrumors 6502a

You realize Trump doesn't want to be president right.... He just wants to feed his own ego by winning you think he wants to put in all the work that being president requires?

11. cube macrumors G5

12. Robisan macrumors 6502

LOL! The rest of your list pretty much refutes this one.

13. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

How can you be president with hundreds of lawsuits pending?

14. deany, Jul 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2016

deany macrumors 68020

deany

I don't think trump is a World quality leader, you only need to see how he reacted to the Florida shooting -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ongering-response-to-orlando-shooting-is-the/

He is obviously a good business man, but I see him as a bit of a second hand car salesman that is not to be trusted.
    The World would be a much LESS safe place with him in power - The thought of 'him' being Commander in Chief overseeing a nuclear arsenal sends shivers up my spine in a very bad way.
    I so hope Hillary wins, for the good of World safety.

15. cube macrumors G5

You choose the next SCOTUS judge.

16. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Because the constitution only specifies a very narrow list of requirements and the founding fathers apparently were overly optimistic about how likely future Americans were to have enough common sense to not elect someone who meets the constitutional requirements but nothing else that would logically be a requirement.

17. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

Yes but you can't run a business while being president and those lawsuits are his business.

18. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

It would be a great year for comedians perhaps.

Yes, both parties would be united in their utter loathing of Trump.

19. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Thanks for starting the thread! I'm enthusiastic about the idea of a new Mac too but I still haven't upgraded my iPad and want to, so I'm not emailing darts at slow-rolling Apple about Macs (yet).

I'm looking forward to seeing if young people will be better at not just kicking cans down the road when they deal with tough legislative issues in Congress. They are better at being forthright with each other, so even though the brawls might sound pretty ferocious, some good ideas might emerge that actually appeal to people widely and are also feasible.

ATT may bring a cell tower over the mountain. I have said that for 19 years, but.. :D

20. Benjamin Frost thread starter Suspended

Benjamin Frost

I would love to get the iPad Pro 13", but it's just too big and heavy at the moment. If they trim the bezels and get the weight closer to a pound than 1.5 lbs, I’ll buy it. Oh, and they need to optimise iOS for it, too.

21. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    That might be able to get it down to 1.3 pounds, but I wouldn't expect any lower than that anytime soon, since most of the added weight is in the glass panel and the larger battery.

22. DearthnVader macrumors regular

DearthnVader

If only.

23. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

No matter which way people lean politically, they should always be optimistic about the future. Agree or disagree with your specifics, I'm glad when I see people showing some optimism towards the future.

24. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Calling delusional reveals the choice to ignore optimizm. A sad yet typical choice for Hussein and Hillary loving liberals.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 10, 2016 ---
    I agree.

My choice to buy an iPad Pro was solely based on my ongoing practice of buying products I find interesting. Rather than rely on second hand opinions and reviews by "experts" I will always opt to see for myself via first hand experience.

After several months and lots of time with this model, I too find it very cumbersome. Height, weight and width have become discouraging elements that make it easier to ignore than to use.

25. Ironduke Suspended

Ironduke

Feels good to be a Brexiteer Frosty my boy!:)