Things you'd like to see in the iPhone 7 but probably won't come to be.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VertPin, Dec 6, 2015.

1. VertPin macrumors 6502

VertPin

What are some things that you would like to see in the iPhone 7? They can be hopeful...but try to at least be realistic here.

If the 7 mini or 6C doesn't happen, I will definitely go with a standard 7 just an FYI. However, if the 7 Mini/6C does come to be real...here are some wishful things I'd like to see (that more than likely will not happen).

Hopes for iPhone 7 mini/6C
    1) Metal design very similar to the 5S
    2) Flat edges. Not a big fan of the curved edges. Nothing to big.
    3) Keep the 7 Mini/6C dimensions similar to the 5S and put a bigger battery in there.
    4) I'd hope for the same camera that was in a 6S, but it definitely would protrude there...regardless, I'd have a case so I'd have no room to complain. Give me the 12MP camera from the 6S and I'll be happy.
    5) A9 chip.

If the mini or 6C disappoints hardware wise (for example if it had an A8, 1GB of RAM -which is laughable, 8MP camera), I'll just simply get the standard 7 :p

2. C DM, Dec 6, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2015

C DM macrumors Westmere

As far as hardware goes (some more realistic than others):
    - Better/bigger battery
    - Waterproof
    - Higher resolution and/or PPI
    - Perhaps an AMOLED display
    - LED notification light

3. Mike B in ok macrumors member

Mike B in ok

I'd like to see the new phone NOT be thinner, and any volume that would have been trimmed away to make the device thinner to be used for more battery, or to contain the camera without a bump, or most any other purpose than thin for thin's sake!

4. jrodsep macrumors 6502

jrodsep

- Same size
    - Bigger battery
    - Virtual home button
    - Front facing speakers

5. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

6. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

I'd like to see a thicker iPhone

I'd like to see bigger battery, better battery life with actual usage.

I'd like to see the protruding camera become flush again.

I'd like to see less round edges (I don't want the slippery mess an iPhone is today) but they still can be roundish if you get what I mean. Maybe the chamfered edges on the front and back like the nexus 6p. I don't know.

I'd like a darker space gray. Perhaps darker than the 5S's space gray, but lighter than the 5's slate. That was a little too dark in my opinion but it still looked a lot sexier than the pseudo silver we have now with a black front.

I'd like to see more a clever antenna design which makes the antenna bands go away. I liked the two tone glass/aluminum of the iPhone 5's but I don't see how they could work that into a what likely would be another round phone. I feel Apple will stay pretty close to what they've done recently (round) so they don't get too android-y.

I'd like to see a better display (AMOLED would be cool) to compete with the Galaxy s6, configurable white balance though and configurable to create natural or popping colors. Everybody wins.

I'd like to see a better camera with a larger aperture for better depth of field/macro effects and low light performance. ALSO BETTER IMAGE PROCESSING!! NO MORE WATER COLOR BOKEH, I WANT A NICE SMOOTH BOKEH!!

I'd like to see smaller bezels but same screen size. That contradicts the other things I've said I want that require more room though. I'm assuming they WILL NOT go thicker, so thinner AND less room in terms of width and height? Holy crap RIP battery life and the ability to lay flat on a surface.

We probably won't get any of these. It will be paper thin and everything will be a step backwards for Ive's fettish for thinness.

7. 1mikeah macrumors newbie

Led indicator light, smaller top and bottom bezel, home button that you just tap, not press, better pricing

8. Elisha macrumors 6502a

Elisha

Smaller bezels. NFC for other than Apple Pay. Stereo speakers. Better screen.

9. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

10. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Waterproof, a small screen (3.5" or 4") that has equal specs to the larger screened variants, and thicker, especially for the small screen version as that will need it to fit a big enough battery to power the same specs as the bigger models.

11. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

I was about to call out all of the contradictions in your post, but continued reading and you beat me to the punch.

12. Elisha macrumors 6502a

Elisha

The heavier Ive gets, the thinner the iDevices get!

13. capathy21 macrumors 65816

capathy21

Smaller bezels.
    Plus display improved to 1440p.
    Regular display 1080p.
    Stay away from AMOLED.
    32gb base model.
    Better lowlight camera.