Think Apple should have waited a month?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lamarak, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Lamarak macrumors 6502

I think apple should have just bit the bullet, waited a month till they had better on hand supply of 5s phones. I think the shortage and what we know little patience apple buyer have will just hurt Apple in the long run/

I think people will be more upset of seeing the few get the phone when they could not than waiting a month where Apple could have had some pre order and better met demands.

I myself just plan on ordering online and waiting whatever time it takes to get one. Realize that will lose money reselling phone, but also not at the mercy of having to have one.

It just seems Apple wants to take advantge of inpatience and since the stores will have the 5c, people might buy those rather walking out with nothing.

What do you think?

2. user-name-here macrumors 65816

I'd much rather they do what they did.

Come out with the iPhone in Sept and let the more dedicated buyers get it first and then let the rest of the customers wait a few weeks. Why punish those who are dedicated enough to stay up till midnight to order or those who are willing to wait in line for one?

3. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

I think Apple still have to release the iPad 5 and Mac Pro this month. As they don't want launches to overlap, they had to launch now.

Also despite the numerous threads, nobody knows how many iPhones there will be on day one. It could just be clever marketing.

4. Lamarak thread starter macrumors 6502

Fair enough, but we know not all is fair in retail business. And making money can bring out the worst in people.Im just talking about saftey in lines, arguments and such.

5. Brdl04 macrumors regular

Brdl04

I think you should wait until after launch day to see if they should have waited or not. You are speculating.

6. Lamarak thread starter macrumors 6502

Of course im speculating. this just a discussion forum. We all are speculating. And I hope Im so wrong on this and there is plenty of supply to meet the demand.

7. NM08SRT8 macrumors 6502a

NM08SRT8

Op, why don't you wait a month for me so I can have a phone... Lol

Just let them release the damn thing.. We aren't in the business and have no idea why they decided to do what they are doing.