think apple will ever release iphones in colors other than black and white?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by himynameiscody, Jan 27, 2012.

1. himynameiscody macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

i'd love a green one. anyone have experience with the any body sticker wraps?

2. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

3. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

It's tough stocking something like this. What I could see becoming a possiblity (maybe) is able doing color swaps or custom orders for people, much like they do the engraving.

4. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

It worked with the iPods because they're meant to be fun and quirky. The iPhones aren't. If you want a colored one, there are after market mods and skins.

Just look at the iMac. Once upon a time, they also came in colors, but as they became more and more business orientated, simple design prevailed.

5. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I'm not even really crazy about the white one. Possibly because I'm a manly man, extremely butch, a true male - and we all know ( see a thousand threads on this topic) that any man with a whiter phone is extremely suspect.

But, since they went ahead with a white iPhone (totally without consulting me on the matter), I think the aftermarket cases are enough, and Apple doesn't need any more colors.

:rolleyes: ;) :D

6. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

Definitely not I am sorry, you have to think of the type of consumer it is aimed at (not kids).

7. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I think it is more of a production thing. It's tough for them to get enough iPhones on the market for months after launch. iPods have never really been this way. You go to any retailer and they are highly likely to have the color you want. If not, the one next door does. If Apple could magically have fifty times the stock of iPhones they do at the launch of a new model I think they would have no reservation incorporating some more colors.

8. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

What do you mean by that? :confused:

9. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Now, I'm really confused, because I've got a black one! Oops!

10. Rampant.A.I. macrumors 6502a

Doubtful. They've moved away from colored cases on even models like the MacBook, even though it would be really easy to do and inexpensive. If I'm not mistaken the white MacBooks are painted inside the plastic case.

There are so many aftermarket cases available for the iPhone that it might not be worthwhile. But, then again, the Nano started out black or white.

11. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

Yes, i think they may use aluminum again. Maybe sooner than later.

12. himynameiscody thread starter macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

my ipods always scratched so easily

13. Shrink, Jan 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2012

Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

It means that I am joking. It means that the million dopey threads debating whether men should get white phone are dumb. It means that colors are gender neutral.It means that it doesn't matter what color phone you get. It means that what other people think of the color of your phone is doo doo

It's called sarcasm.:rolleyes::D

14. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

In my opinion, it is highly unlikely that Apple will ever release an iPhone in any color other than black or white. The production cost and light issues are probably enough to not make it worth it in sales margins.

15. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Somehow I don't think you have too much to worry about, young lady.

Not much risk too many people are going to mistake you for a guy.

Anyway, black phones are the best looking phones around, This is not an opinion, the is a statement of absolute fact.

It is Truth.:rolleyes::D

For SPEEDwithJJ, all that above was that tricky sarcasm again.;)

16. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Sad!

17. labman macrumors 604

labman

All these threads about why there aren't 10 different color choices from Apple. just how many company's offer a cell phones in several color choices. minimizing colors limits choices, confusion, cost and speeds production. So no!