Think I should wait until after the next mac expo to buy a G5?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ZildjianKX, Sep 14, 2003.

  1. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000


    May 18, 2003
    Just curious what anyone thinks... I have given up my hopes on a powerbook and I was going to get a 1.8 GHz G5 and a 40 gig iPod (just sold my old one).

    There have been rumors that Panther might actually be released at the expo:,,1215768,00.asp

    so... think its worth waiting to see if they offer a free Panther upgrade... or maybe even a pre-install?

    I know the bluetooth mice may debut... but if they're not rechargeable, then its not even worth waiting for IMHO.
  2. Chaszmyr macrumors 601


    Aug 9, 2002
    I don't think there is any very good reason to wait, really. HOWEVER, its only two days away, so wait!
  3. Jerry Spoon macrumors 6502a

    Jerry Spoon

    Jan 8, 2002
    Historic St. Charles
    Given Up!!!:eek:

    You only have to wait two more days to be absolutely positive what your options are going to be. Can't you wait just a couple of days to put in that order?
  4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

    Dont Hurt Me

    Dec 21, 2002
    Yahooville S.C.
    wait, also any chance we could see a special edition mac either laptop or desk? special edition g5 cube? now that would be cool. patience is a virtue but i couldnt tell you since iam not.
  5. Freg3000 macrumors 68000


    Sep 22, 2002
    New York
    Wait of could be saving $130! Just think, we are less than 40 hours away from the keynote-that is $3.25 every hour or 5.5 cents every minute. Think about it. I know you can do it.

  6. hunterofmacs macrumors newbie

    Sep 8, 2003
    So what is the word from the expo? Is it over?

    Was also wondering if I should delay my purchase until its released -- but I would really like to know when that might be
  7. manzanita macrumors member

    Sep 14, 2003
    Wouldn't we all.... :D
  8. wdlove macrumors P6


    Oct 20, 2002
    I think that Apple will do like they have with prior releases. Panther will probably be released before Christmas. I think that those who purchase now will probably get Panther for the cost of S&H!

Share This Page