Think retailers will sell the iPad 2 at the start of biz on the 11th?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Kadin, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

Since Apple is waiting to sell it at 5pm, do you think other places like Best Buy and Sam's will wait as well? Or do you think they'll be out for purchase as soon as they open? As much as I'd like to head into the Apple store, I might bypass it this time around...

2. NEBaghead macrumors member

NEBaghead

Someone mentioned in another thread that BB allowed ppl to buy vouchers in the morning and pick up the iPad after 5pm during the 3G launch last year. Not sure if it will be like that. My guess is yes because u don't want a huge line blocking other customers during business hours.

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Apple isn't going to let other retailers to beat it to the punch on its own product launch. Bank on all of these retail partners to release product when Apple does, i.e., 5pm, March 11. But that doesn't mean they won't be preselling them on the 11th or before.

4. tellemfred macrumors member

I believe it is possible to make the UPC codes inactive before release. A friend of mine who works at Best Buy told me once that if they tried to sell a video game before street date, it wouldn't scan and only say "not for sale until XX/XX/XXXX"

Not sure if Apple would do that, but I agree they won't let other retailers beat them to the punch