Think the iPhone 5 will look like this?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Shadyriley, Nov 16, 2011.

1. soco macrumors 68030

soco

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

3. Shadyriley thread starter macrumors 6502

I think they snuck in that scene with the apples to kinda take a jab at Apple there, not a jab but pretty much them saying we know it looks like an iPhone

4. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

5. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

6. bp1000 macrumors 65816

I would be pretty disappointed if the future looked like this.

Normally when people post "vision for the future" they are talking about 10+ years minimum.

If we are still all using pretty touch screens in 2020 i will be seriously disappointed.

There is no imagination in that video. It's just glorified touch screens.

Technology by that time should have intelligence, high levels of interaction, it should be automated, controlled by voice and physical manipulation.

7. iphoneIA macrumors regular

I do like the idea of having everything in your house synced so you can see the same thing no matter where you are at.
    On the other hand it could be a long time for some of those ideas to come about.

8. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Yes, this video is like going back to 1985 and showing them a Macbook Air with Lion.

Yes, it's cool, but it's just an updated version of their Mac. Wouldn't they prefer seeing an iPad?

9. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

10. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

Why would anyone want a transparent screen on the phone. It'll have terrible colour contrast. Thin and light, sure. But see through? What's the point?

11. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

I wonder what iFixit would find inside.....

12. TuiSong macrumors regular

I absolutely want that tv in the bedroom, starting saving for it now, by the time they actually create them I should be able to afford one

I do like the idea of placing the phone or iPod device on a surface to bring it all up on a larger screen, next step for airplay? One of the things that drew me to the idea of the mac mini after years of using iMacs was the thought that I can just pick it up and take it anywhere and use whatever monitor and keyboard were available. Not that I actually do that, but the idea that I -can- is there. I think this would be brilliant if in future things like work stations and internet cafes etc were just screens and input devices and you just plonk your iEverything device down and start working

13. Megalobyte macrumors 6502a

I thought it was pretty cool, I'm still continually amazed at even what the current iphone can do, of course I grew up in the 70's, you know, when there were no cell phones (or even cordless), or home computers for that matter. :eek:

14. xraytech macrumors 68020

If that is the near future I think it's time to invest in SCJohnson the maker of Windex.