Thinking about buying the new LED - but how accurate are it's colours?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jonnysods, Jun 5, 2009.

1. jonnysods macrumors 603

jonnysods

I'm struggling with the monitors I have now - they can't be adjusted to be as accurate as I would like them. I do graphic design and print on the side for a few different places, and my fear is that I'm not creating designs with accurate colours.

I thought that the LED would be a huge improvement on this - but if anyone has anything negative to say about their colouring, or can recommend a 24" monitor that has better colour reproduction for the same price and under, i'm listening!!!

Thanks!

2. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

It's difficult to see the value in my opinion, but I noticed a good contrast with good black levels. Apple states that it's an IPS panel, though they didn't have details to whether it was S-IPS or H-IPS, which I thought should be information they should have. I didn't use it for a long length of time, so I cannot comment on text or anything. It was drastically better than my $200 TN panel, but I suppose that's a given. The LED backlighting seems to give it a good brightness level without being detrimental, as I have seen with some CCFLs.