Thinking About Cancelling...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jreale05, Sep 14, 2012.

  1. jreale05, Sep 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2012

    jreale05 macrumors regular

    Jun 6, 2009
    Thinking about cancelling my order through Apple and going through Sprint. The delivery date is still 9/21 on the Sprint site, however, because their site crashed last night, I ordered through Apple and am showing a delivery date of Oct. 2. What do you all think? I can't even call Apple right now because call volumes are so high.. I am just worried about them reimbursing my upgrade
  2. marine0816, Sep 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2012

    marine0816 macrumors 6502a


    Mar 11, 2011
    I'm in the same boat.. I'm just going to wait, I realize it's just a phone and I won't go crazy if I wait a extra week
  3. cashville2400 macrumors regular


    Nov 29, 2011
    I was mad this morning when I got on Apple's site and saw 2 weeks until shipping.Then I went to Sprint and it said I will get it next Friday, but I looked at my order and it says it is on back order. I'm really not sure what is going on. The Sprint store still shows it will be there by the 21.
  4. BNLhead macrumors newbie

    Sep 14, 2012
    Ya i ordered last night from apple and got a 2 week ship time. When i woke up this morning i went to Verizon's site and they had a 9/21 delivery, so i ordered there. Going to cancel Apple's order...if i can get trough to them.
  5. indianboynyc macrumors regular

    Jun 22, 2010
    I thought if you ordered through apple already your cell phone provider can't do anything for you as in helping you order one through them because it's already upgraded in the system
  6. steph280 macrumors member

    Jun 24, 2010
    Orange County, CA
    Last year similar thing happened, but a lot of people got their shipment bumped up to release date in the last minute.

    Not saying it will happen this year, but it has happened before.
  7. ycoidi2000 macrumors member

    Jul 27, 2008
    I wonder if I cancel my AT&T order through Apple if it will reset my upgrade with AT&T. Right now AT&T recognizes I already purchased an upgrade elsewhere.
  8. kas23 macrumors 603


    Oct 28, 2007
    Don't put too much stock in your AT&T ship date. Mine said the same last year and right before the promised ship date, they changed in to ship in 1-2 weeks. This is why I'll never order from AT&T again. Their ship dates are unreliable and are subject to change.
  9. spacebetween macrumors regular

    Sep 11, 2012
    I posted this somewhere else but Ill post it again here...

    Couldn't get on last night at midnight as Sprint was down and Apple kept giving me a closed page. By the time Apple let me on it still said Delivery by 9/21 but when I checked out it said 2 weeks.

    The minute I submitted my order through Apple, Sprint opened up. I tried to cancel through Apple but because it was processing, it wouldn't let me. I checked again at 6am PST and my order with Apple finally got out of the processing phase and had a delivery date of 10/2. I looked on Sprint and it still said they were taking Pre Orders for Delivery by 9/21. I decided to cancel my Apple Order (now that it would let me) and order through Sprint.

    Who knows if they'll actually still ship it to me by 9/21 as it says on their site or if that's just a gauge and they'll later push me back. I don't have experience with them and Pre-orders in the past so I don't know if they ever announce to people a new estimated delivery date once they sell out of what they have on hand. Anyone know if theyd advertise a new ship date on their site prior to customers purchasing?

    I also didn't like how the Apple site made me choose a plan and was worried that it would cancel out my current Perks on Sprint, so I'm not completely upset that I cancelled my order through them.

  10. theganja macrumors newbie


    Sep 14, 2012
    You should wait now. They need to process a lot of orders and shipping them.

Share This Page