Thinking of buying a MBP, Insipration?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by HolmanIsMac, Dec 1, 2009.

1. HolmanIsMac macrumors newbie

HolmanIsMac

Hi all,

I have been wanting a high powered laptop for when i go uni next year, I have always liked MacBooks, and thought it may be time to buy one :)

Im just trying to find out weather or not it would be the right laptop for me, i have been using windows all my life, therefore changing my OS would be a big change.

However the main purpose of this laptop is to complete uni work ( Mainly Text based) and obviously play games, burn CD's, Watch DVDs, edit photos etc.

Suggestions and tips would be helpful.

Cheeers :)

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

A MacBook would seem to fit all of your needs and a MacBook Pro would definitely fit your needs. While the operating systems are different, the adjustment is not hard.

3. MrBrekke macrumors 6502

MrBrekke

It all depends what games and how much you need to play games. you can always use bootcamp "dual boot" so you can play your games. Then we come to if what model you are interested in buying. 13" 15" or 17"
    for games If games is important for you then you should consider minimum a 15" with the dedicated 9600 gpu.
    anyway the current MBP series is getting closer and closer to the end of life line... if you can the wait until after the next update and see what happens. you just might get out cheeper than the current 15" with dual gpus.

4. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

if you have waited this long

wait another month or so

new MBPs are within a 2 month window from now...

5. HolmanIsMac thread starter macrumors newbie

HolmanIsMac

Ahh, ive done it..
    Ordered a 15" Macbook Pro 2.53Ghz 4Gb RAM Nvdiea9400..
    The only thing that may lack in power is the GPU but im sure it will run most of the games i want to play :)

6. lilskaterpunk macrumors regular

lilskaterpunk

Congrats! Enjoy the new MBP :apple:

7. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Congrats! I'm sure you will love your new purchase.