Thinking of Buying iPad Tomorrow; Will I Regret It?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by klamse25, Dec 25, 2010.

1. klamse25 macrumors 6502a

klamse25

I want one so bad...
    But I hear a new iPad might come out soon!
    I'm torn in between this decision...
    What do you think?

2. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

Just get it. Or get the new one and be torn when the iPad 3 comes out, or wait for the iPad 3 to come out and be torn when the iPad 4 comes out... Or wait for the iPad 5.

3. jb007clone macrumors 6502

jb007clone

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

5. klamse25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

klamse25

6. Samslice12 macrumors member

I'm in the exact same boat. I'm not too worried about a new one coming out because I don't care about cameras or bigger speakers or whatever they're going on about. I'm just worried that it's not going to be useful, I mean I have a laptop and an iPod touch. :/

7. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

That's a legitimate concern and the reason I hardly ever use my iPad anymore. There's just too much overlap between the functionality of the iPod touch and the iPad at this point. Why would I carry my iPad around over my iPhone since my iPhone is much smaller and can do everything my iPad can. If I need the internet in a pinch, I sure as hell am not going to pull out my iPad.

At home, the iPad is nice to have as an internet surfer around the house. This is really where it shines. So convenient to pick up and just use. But, that's the extent of its usefulness. If I'm out and about, I've already got my iPhone with me so if I were going to bring another device it'd be my 11.6" Macbook Air, which almost has the same footprint as the iPad. That way I have a full fledged computer with me inaddition to an iOS device.

8. Den Deze macrumors newbie

If you want it, buy it.
    I also had doubts about waiting for 2nd gen or to buy one now.
    Well, i bought one and i love it!

9. iPad.Lover macrumors member

Just get i man. It's the best gadget out there. Magical.

10. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I have overcome the want it now and will be waiting to see what the gen2 will have in store.
    this seems an all too familiar situation of about 2.5 years ago with the 3G and 3Gs.
    More info will be leaked or released in the new month or so. My purchase, if any, will be determined then.

11. cscheat macrumors member

cscheat

i had the same headache too, but now i felt better as im happy with my iPad now :)

don't give a S H I T about the rumours

life is short

12. sapporobaby macrumors 68000

sapporobaby

I wish you were torn between which search result to use. As someone pointed out, this has been mentioned over and over and over.

13. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

That's what I said.

Steve
    Sent from my iPad

14. sapporobaby macrumors 68000

sapporobaby

I heard the iPad 20 is really going to shine. I would sit and wait for that if I were you.

15. Pastajensen macrumors newbie

The ipad is a must if you like reading comics, I just love the comic app. Re discovered a lot of my childhood heroes. :) I use mine at home and as I fly a lot it´s perfect for reading and watching movies w/ minimum space taken.

16. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

17. sassy404 macrumors member

Simples

18. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I figured the refurbished discounts were too good to pass up. I think the 32GB model would hold it's value much better than the 16GB though, only because of the 'Rumor' Apple will discontinue the 16GB for the iPad 2. I don't believe it, they haven't done so with the iPod Touch so why start with the iPad? They actually discontinued the 16GB but retained the 8GB model. Anyways, at $550 with taxes for a 32GB it's a great deal. I think I'm gonna jump on that boat.

19. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

You never know what will happen in the future, so don't worry about it. Whatever time you buy an iPad, it should last you for at least three years, but probably more. For most of the time, it will be not the newest model. That is just life. Would the fact that Apple releases a new iPad diminish your pleasure in the one that you have? If the answer is no, buy your iPad now. If the answer is yes, have a very very serious think about your attitude to life.

20. Bobjob186 macrumors 6502

only thing you'll need to be concerned about is your resale value. I'd go refurb or find a good deal from best buy or macmall and try to save some cash so I don't get hit too hard when the new one comes.

Luckily we're only talking about a $500-$700 dollar investment so it's not like you're going to be throwing down a $100k and be down 30% come January or February. Worse case you'll lose $200 in value so I say wake up tomorrow and buy one and be happy about your decision.

21. Tonsko macrumors 6502

Tonsko

I ummed and ah'ed for months, then bought an ereader, as that was mainly what I thought I'd use it for. Bought one last week, flogged the ereader. It's mint. Superb for comics (Cloudreaders), browsing, ebooks, and a game or two. Have MBP and iphone - but it will still get used. A lot. If you have the disposable, just get one. They hold value well, so you can always sell it in a month or two if you don't get on!

22. jdcell100 macrumors regular

23. fobfob macrumors 6502

But iPad 2 is going to be an A+ upgrade.

I hope.

24. jdcell100 macrumors regular

I'm the type that can't wait for anything I luv my iPad I'll buy every upgrade apple puts out

25. adnoh macrumors 6502a

adnoh