Thinking of buying the 23-inch Cinema HD display from Apple ... question ...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by SandersHokie, Jun 5, 2007.

1. SandersHokie macrumors 6502

will Apple have any new ones coming up at the conference? Should I wait until after the conference? Is the 23-inch Cinema display a good display to purchase? I currently have the 15' C2D MBP and am looking for an external display. thanks!

2. stagi macrumors 65816

stagi

I bet they will have some new monitors next week, they haven't been updated in awhile. I am in the same boat as you (looking for a 23" for my MBP), hopefully something new will come out along with a price drop!

3. SandersHokie thread starter macrumors 6502

cool, I'll just wait then. When will we know for sure if they are or not going to have new ones?

4. jellz macrumors regular

When they announce it? I don't think the prices will be the same. When the current ACD first came out they were like 1000+.

5. SandersHokie thread starter macrumors 6502

what i mean is, if they are going to have new ones, will they announce them next week? i'm pretty new to Macintosh and have only had one a few years, so that's why I'm curious. thanks.

also, with an external monitor, is it possible to close the lid of my laptop or would that hurt with the heat problem? thanks.

6. stagi macrumors 65816

stagi

Nobody realls knows if they will release new monitors or not next week, but I would guess that there is a good chance for it to happen. You just have to be patient and wait :)

7. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

I would say no, they don't have them next week. Or they introduce them and you will still get an old one (clearing inventory as usuall). Or they introduce them in the end of August/September. That is the normal update time for ACD, except when they introduce a completly new model/size. That could be the whole year around. But if they also are introduced in August/September, look out that you don't buy an old one. You can check when they are produced with the serial number. A serial that starts for example with 2a733 etc. means: 2a stands for the factory, then the year 2007, then the production week 33.

But anyhow, wait for next week!

8. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Which model do you have? Yes, it's very possible. It's called clamshell mode. You close the comp, hookup monitor, keyboard, and mouse, then off you go!

9. epicwelshman macrumors 6502a

epicwelshman

Were they updated recently, or was that just a price drop? With being a laptop user and the displays so far out of my price range right now I'm a little behind on the display news.

10. macpluslaptop macrumors 6502