thinking of exchange my 64G AT&T for a 16G one

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kevjen888, Mar 14, 2011.

1. kevjen888 macrumors 6502

after reading all these thread about waiting, reserve list etc, makes me wonder maybe i should just be happy with it and keeping mine. i don't know, i'm not gonna upload all my music to it, i have my ipod for that and listening to the same music over and over is not my thing. as for movies, maybe a couple movies at a time while i'm traveling, definitely not gonna build a library on the ipad. so saving $200 go for the 16G or just be happy that i already have one.

2. Boiler macrumors regular

Save $200
    16gb is enough if you manage movies
    and do not listen to a lot of music
    I went from 64gb ipad1 to 16gb ipad2 and it's fine

3. NYY FaN macrumors 6502

NYY FaN

if you don't need it then return it.. but if you have no need for all the space why did you bother getting 64GB then?

4. hcho3 macrumors 68030

How are you planning on doing this... Everyone is sold out of iPad 2.

5. kevjen888 thread starter macrumors 6502

i don't know, wait i guess. i can afford to wait since i've already spent a weekend with the ipad2 and the newness and excitement already start to wear off. so i don't mind wait a couple weeks for the 16G. :D

6. NYY FaN macrumors 6502

NYY FaN

in all honesty, you're probably better off selling it and making a little profit, rather than returning it... but unless you get lucky finding one in the store be prepared to wait a long while to get another one.

7. kevjen888 thread starter macrumors 6502

i don't think it's that bad. a couple weeks from now, it'll be just like any other item in Apple Store. i can't imagine otherwise.

8. Higgs1 macrumors 6502

Higgs1

Sounds like the 16GB will be fine for you, but like the others are saying might as well sell the 64GB one and make some extra cash and then get the 16GB when it's available again.

No reason to return one that you can put into the hands of someone having trouble finding one right?

9. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

I just did the same thing and it's going to work out just fine.

10. kevjen888 thread starter macrumors 6502

well, it's already been used, so i doubt i can sell for any profit. best bet is return it to BB.

11. joltaxt macrumors regular

When I was standing in line I was the only one that was getting a 16GB. I was baffled by the people who were buying the 64 and had iPad 1 and DIDN'T even fill it up halfway. What is the point of throwing your money away like that?

People say "well I just like to know the extra space is there."

Well my response to that would be you could take away that luxury you'll never use and spend the extra $200 on apps, cases, accessories for you iPad.

Most people don't need 64GB. Like someone said earlier, just manage your movies, music, and 16 is fine.

I'm happy with my 16GB iPad 2. And I think all of those people in line with me going 64 that know they aren't going to fill it up are simply throwing they're money away.

Get a 16, you'll be happy.

12. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

I thinking of doing the opposite. I picked up a 16gb version and see that I enjoy using it on the couch and on the go more than my mbp. So thinking about switching to the 64gb AT&T so I can use data on the go if needed.

13. auero macrumors 65816

I say if you have the money to hang on to it, keep it. Its nice to have all that space and know you won't really run out that easily. If I could budget it I'd get a 64 so I can keep my music, apps, photos and movies on it.

14. C N Reilly macrumors regular

The iPad 1 was the first time in my life I went with the lowest-available-memory choice, and I ended up regretting it. Not much, mind you, but there have been a few times here and there that I bumped up against the limit and had to rearrange my sync choices in iTunes (not fun). In my case, it's mostly due to me carrying around too many apps for my own good.

So this time I went for 32GB instead of 16. I've never lacked for space on my iPhone, so I figure 32 is fine for the iPad as well. 64 would definitely be overkill in my case.

In a year or two, I bet apps will start appearing that are complex enough to take up huge amounts of space. Combine that with real HD video (iPad 3? iPad 4?), and I bet by 2013-2014 we'll have good reason to want 128GB iPads. But not now, not for the next year or so.

15. bmat macrumors 6502

If you travel the extra gb can be useful. I have a lot of my music, lots of tv shows and movies, and all by 6 gb free. I could probably get by with less, but I like having the choices.

My travel computer -- my air -- has no media on it at all.