All iPads Thinking of going for an iPad Air instead of mini after today

Discussion in 'iPad' started by houssein31, Oct 16, 2014.

1. houssein31 macrumors regular

I have a MBA (13) and iP6 (4.7) and Ive been wanting an iPad for a couple of month now...just for watching video and relaxing on the couch. I was sure I was going with the Mini since its much more portable. But after today's sad announcement, learned that the new mini isn't even worth it. For 100$ more, I get an Air, thats thinner, faster processing, faster wifi, laminated screen, better camera....

Went to the store to try both out...still think the mini is more comfortable, but at the same time I could take advantage of the Air's bigger screen.

Really thorn, I don't know if I should stick with the Mini like Ive been thinking of getting or go with the Air. What do I buy?????

2. stretch80 macrumors regular

stretch80

I really wanted to like the Mini 3 but the upgrades were lacking. Wish they would've at least put an A8 chip in. Now I'm going with an Air 2.

3. MrGuder macrumors 68020

The worst part about the iPad mini 3 is that they only added 1 new feature. I mean if they made it the same thinness of the iPad Air 2 and they added the upgraded wifi along with the touch ID, that would have been enough for me to buy it.

4. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Maybe they're doing this on purpose so people buy the Air 2 :eek:

5. MrGuder macrumors 68020

Or it could mean, why should they invest too much into the iPad mini 3 when it will be discontinued soon. No upgraded display, no upgraded wifi, no upgraded processor chip, no upgrade in design thinness and it's $100.00 more. Something is just off with this news.

6. M87, Oct 16, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2014

M87 macrumors 65816

I think people are forgetting how disappointing the original iPad Mini specs were. Last year was the odd one if you think about it.