Price Advice Thinking of selling my MBP and LED Display

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by insimbi, Aug 22, 2013.

1. insimbi macrumors 6502

insimbi

Hey guys,
    I'm debating on selling my Late 2008 MacBook Pro and 24" LED Apple Cinema Display together for $1000. What do you think?

My MacBook Pro has always been "docked" next to the display and never moved. The keyboard has never been touched really to be honest, as I use an Apple Wireless Keyboard for that.

I have upgraded and maxed out the RAM to 8GB and have replaced the hard drive with a 256 Crucial M4 SSD - it's very fast. I also just replaced the internal SuperDrive with a brand new one as well.

The condition of the MacBook Pro is MINT - not a scratch on either the screen or casing - looks brand new.

I'm also thinking of bundling my 24" Apple LED Cinema Display as well. It's also MINT and works flawlessly. This is the newer LED model - not the old ACD.

Does $1000 seem fair for both of these - I think it does.

If anyone is interested, let me know and we can work something out. :)

Oh, BTW, I replaced the internal MBP battery not long ago either.

Thanks!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), and Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc. You can also check the Apple refurbished store to see what similar models are selling for.

3. insimbi thread starter macrumors 6502

insimbi

Cool - thanks! I checked Mac2Sell and they say my MacBook Pro alone is worth $1100.

4. Count Blah macrumors 68030

Count Blah

Check ebay and cragislist to get some "real world" numbers as well. You are probably best served($$$) by offering them individually.

5. insimbi thread starter macrumors 6502

insimbi

Good idea - thanks!

6. lianlua macrumors 6502

Yeah, Mac2Sell will dramatically inflate the numbers for SSD (it's about a $300 difference in value, which is more than the cost for the buyer to do the upgrade him/herself), so keep in mind that it might be hard to find an actual human buyer willing to pay $1100 for an $800 MBP just because of the SSD, which sells new for $200 these days.

You should be able to get at least a solid $1300 for the set but I agree with Count Blah that you'd probably do better selling them separately.