Thinking of switching to verizon or sprint.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Airforcekid, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

I currently have an iphone 4 on ATT with a grandfathered unlimited data plan. I use a lot of data to the point I am slowed down about 20 days (30GBS+ no thether) into the month. However service where I live is one to two bars of 3G and I often drop calls. My friends and neighbors have full bars 3G on verizon but the 2GB data cap would be hard for me. Does sprint's roaming use verizon's network according to their coverage map I should have decent signal using sprints network but I am also close to a roaming area. I would rather have slow speeds and unlimited data than limited and fast but if the roaming will hurt me I need to complete calls more than downloads. Thanks

2. aneftp macrumors 68040

If you are using 30gb data. That means you are steaming music/video on your phone a lot. You realize CDMA can't handle voice and data at the same time. That will be the trade off.

Sprint allows up to a certain amount of roaming. But they will not let u use 30gb of roaming off another network. Many network policies will send you a termination letter if you roam (especially data usage) off network.

3. Airforcekid thread starter macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

I never call and use data at the same time however I do watch a lot of Netflix and file sharing.

4. aneftp macrumors 68040

Your only option is sprint. But I can guarantee you sprint will kick you off if you are roaming a lot of data off Verizon.

I think AT&T kicks people off with more than X amount of off network roaming.

Found this on sprint web page for u. They will kick you off. Be warned.

http://support.sprint.com/support/a..._Virgin_Islands/case-ib376964-20090810-121345

5. Airforcekid thread starter macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

Thanks will try sprint if they kick me off I will settle for Verizon.