Thinking on going to MBA 13" after retina UI lag in ML, what do you think?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kahuna0k, Jul 26, 2012.

1. kahuna0k macrumors member

Hello,

After all the hype, those problems with the UI are driving me mad. I have ordered a retina 2.6/16/512 mainly for app development, I have being using a hackintosh for it but it is time to feel the real thing. I really need the 1920x1200 resolution, and it seems that at this resolution the UI is not the usual smooth OSX experience, in fact it seems that my Thinkpad W520 is able to provide smoother 1920x1080 with the HD3000, I know that retina is upscaling to 3840x2400 and those are a lot of pixels, but I don't care, I want the real experience. So ... I'm thinking on going back and cancel my order (or wait to get it, check by myself, and if it's true return it before the 14th day) and order a MBA 13" fully loaded and save some money, I know it is quite worse in raw performance, but if I need to choose between waiting 20% more during compiling or have the feeling that everything is choppy.. well I don't know what to choose. The other option would be going with the classic MBP at 1680x1050 but this is no breakthrough and ... and ... arghhhh why the hell the retina is not the perfect laptop I've been waiting for!!!

What do you think? Am I being just paranoid? I suppose I'll wait and check myself ... then post again with the same doubts....

Regards,

2. DrFate09 macrumors newbie

Order it, see if you like it, you have 14 days to return it for a full refund.

3. HighEndMac macrumors regular

Yeah guy you are kinda being paranoid, but you have a right to be with all the talk all over the web.

To be honest, I did not notice the lag that much to the point where it bothered me or made the rMBP 'unusable'. (But that’s just me, I don’t do that Facebook crap so...)

With all that said, you have the right idea, check it out for ur-self. I did and the return was so easy. I returned mine for a different reason, but still it was easy.

I am reordering very soon now that Apple machines will have ML preinstalled.

Test it out for ur-self, don’t let people on the web hinder ur own judgment abilities.

4. kahuna0k thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, of course it seems clear to check it myself, but what about xcode and app devel in the MBA 13" vs the cMBP?