This administration needs a plumber. So many leaks.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MacNut, Aug 4, 2017.

1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

So Sessions doesn't want people knowing how the sausage gets made in the White House. Or he's baiting Trump into firing him when it comes out who is leaking.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...395064-791d-11e7-9eac-d56bd5568db8_story.html

2. Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

Or maybe this is beyond wrong and they have really started looking into stopping the leaks and prosecuting those who are.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...unt-for-leakers-says-cases-have-exploded.html

Sausage? Leaks like this in corporate life gets you fired and possibly prosecuted.
    Trump has called out Sessions for not being tougher. Looks like it is happening.

Remember if conversations cannot be confidential at that level, conversations will not happen.

3. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

I think the leaks are coming from high up in The administration. Who else has the balls to do it. They are the only ones that Trump would protect in the end.

4. Michael Scrip macrumors 601

It's gotta be high up.

How did someone get access to transcripts of international phone calls between foreign leaders? That's some high level stuff. Should be highly protected.

A lowly intern wouldn't have this kind of access, right?

5. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

Is it possible these foreign leaders are colluding against trump and releasing the calls on their end.

6. samcraig macrumors P6

But members on this board told me Priebus was the leak?! That now that he was gone, the leaks would stop. I'm so confused ;)

7. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

Maybe he was careless with leaving his leaky laptop around.

8. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

How right you are.
    [​IMG]

9. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

10. Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

Access to actual conversation transcripts is like a small group. This would make it easier to find.
    Will be interesting to see who is charged.

11. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Yep. And the leakers know it, too; after all, Obama went hard after leakers throughout his administration.

So yeah, there are going to be some people in line to be prosecuted. And yet, the leaks just keep increasing...

Very good point! I agree, a lot of people might like to keep foreign leaders from conversing with Donald Trump, especially after reading these transcripts. That could explain at least some of these leaks...

12. Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

Seriously doubt that and would be more easily identifiable. As a CEO and now President, what other leaders know, leaking like this is something that constrains communication. If it was one country a slim maybe. This I would think not.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 4, 2017 ---
    Does this work on "Tweet Leaks" too?
    --- Post Merged, Aug 4, 2017 ---
    If you could limit it to Trump but even then very doubtful. Leaks like this taint the Presidential arena and would have impact for Presidents and administrations long after Trump.

13. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

But everything Trump says and does already taints the Presidential arena, and will have impact for Presidents and administrations long after Trump. We're losing our allies, we're losing trade agreements and getting nothing in return, we're throwing away regulations by the shovelful without really wondering why those regulations existed in the first place. Our President is insulting world leaders who are friendly to us, sucking up to world leaders who have been detrimental to us, and generally acting like an idiotic autocratic buffoon.

The Congress has finally become emboldened, and after handing over their own power to a series of activist Presidents, are now taking it back -- they're restricting his ability to manipulate sanctions on Russia, they're keeping him from making any recess appointments, they're working on removing his ability to fire Mueller. They've given up trying to follow all his flailing efforts on health care legislation, and in fact are working on a bill that will shore up existing insurance markets even if Trump himself tries to defund them and remove health care for millions of Americans.

I suspect what's happening here is that we've got a whole slew of people getting ready to throw themselves on the grenade before it blows up and seriously wounds the country. Donald Trump has gotten to the position he has by creating an enormous pile of lies. Exposing the truth seems to be the best antidote to this sickness...

14. Rhonindk, Aug 4, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2017

Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

What Trump does is ... Trump.
    Leaks, that a President, his staff, the FBI, the Intelligence services appear to be unable to control speak to Washington incompetence and not a specific individual. "if they will leak the Presidents stuff, what else will they leak? Who can stop them?"...

One thought for the recent Congressional "restrictions", there is the smell of impeding or drifting into restricting Executive powers. We may end up with a mess if/when Trump pushes back and this goes to the Supreme Court.

15. AsherN macrumors 6502

Because last time a President used "plumbers" it really worked well for him...:p

16. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

Leave Joe alone... his acting career was cut short way to soon. :p

17. IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

If I may be so bold, what it really needs is a catheter.

18. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

I don't know about you but the last thing I want to see is Jeff Sessions' plumbers crack.

19. MarkusL macrumors 6502

20. jerwin macrumors 65816

Quelle horreur!

https://newrepublic.com/article/144089/american-democracy-broken-fix

21. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

He's a good southern boy he is sealed up back there. Nothing evil ever escapes his backside.

22. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

It's Melania. Lol but not really lol.

23. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

I know it's hard not to confuse the two but Ivanka is his daughter not Melania.

24. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

lol!

I'd bet Melania is the leaker. Pay back for all the pee pee grabbing.

25. Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

Restricting Executive Powers or shifting them from the Executive to the Legislative, is normal and part of the flow. Shifting these to protect an individual or to deliberately impact a specific candidate is unconstitutional.

By the way, thanks for the article. There is a reason, reasons, why we did not go the Parliamentary design when creating our Republic. ;) http://teacher.scholastic.com/researchtools/researchstarters/presidents/