This "iPhone 4S only" talk is just disinformation from Apple to sell more 4's

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Calidude, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Calidude macrumors 68000

Calidude

Think about it:

1) 16 months is a long time just to end up experiencing manufacturing delays.
    2) Apple knows that an iPhone with "antennagate" history for another year will be a failure in sales unless it is heavily discounted.
    3) Apple knows people would rather have an aluminum body iPhone than a glass one that broke so much for people last year and will not buy another glass phone unless it is heavily discounted.

Simply put, this is a bluff by Apple. The more people believe that an iPhone 4S is coming out, the more the clueless segment of the consumer base will read those stories and say: "oh I might as well just buy now".

4's get sold to the max, and the enlightened among us will buy the 5 in record numbers, while the 4S gets sold for $299 without contract to fill the niche as the "budget phone" that will be given for free if subsidized with a contract. It will be a basic device without "premium features" that lets adults and kids use it as a prepaid calling device and music player, likely to have a plastic back instead of a glass one.

The iPhone 5 will be the one with bigger screen, aluminum back, 8 meg camera, etc and it will definitely be here in time for the holidays. Apple has way too much money as the biggest company in the world to experience any more delays after they've already delayed the phone 3 months behind their usual June release.

My 2 cents.

2. soco macrumors 68030

soco

Good thing we have another delicious thread just for your two cents.

I am in your debt.

3. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

so they didnt sell many 3GS' its the same thing people didnt say oh well im not buying a 3GS and bought a 3G instead

4. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Deliciously devious if true. But this thread just represents the paranoid musings of the OP.

5. spidertaker23 macrumors regular

I agree that the whole idea of 4s being the only phone coming out is preposterous.

Seriously who can honestly think that Apple would be this far behind schedule releasing the next iPhone and have it be a modest upgrade to the iPhone 4? I find that very hard to believe.

I think we will see either the iPhone 5 and that's it or two phones.

6. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

They better did or do something in 16 months other than putting better thing in an iPhone 4!

7. Calidude thread starter macrumors 68000

Calidude

The "1" on the invitation is just a sign that the iPhone will be a world phone from now on. GSM and CDMA in 1 device, always. That's it. Helps with the disinformation too since so many people here think the 4S is all we will see.

8. St. Germain macrumors 6502

At the same time, it's hard to believe that we aren't seeing ANY signs of a new iPhone design from Apple's supply chain.

9. Calidude thread starter macrumors 68000

Calidude

10. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (iPhone; Opera Mini/6.1.15738/25.894; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Not really. What can you expect after the fiasco of last year?

11. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Never forget, no one is better than Apple when it comes to making money :)

12. DDar macrumors 6502

DDar

Hahahaha, no.

13. oshia86 macrumors regular

Maybe I'm crazy, but a 4s would suit me just fine.

I am coming from a 3gs though, that has a broken screen and vibrate button, and can no longer seem to hold a good 3g signal.

Anything will be an upgrade.

14. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

15. mom333 macrumors regular

3GS here too

I'm coming from a 3GS too, and mine is still in tip-top shape. A 4S would be EXTREMELY disappointing to me. I would have bought the 4 and then waited for the next "real" phone. I have been eligible for a long time for a full upgrade and never did it, in anticipation of a new full blown iPhone this summer. Waiting until October to get a slightly upgraded 4 would stink big time! I'll be very diappointed.

16. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

I'm one to believe that apple would never make another glass phone myself. It's a beautiful phone, but the headache isn't worth it.

This is why think there will be a new design. To take away the glass but keep the same form factor would make the phone seem like it has downgraded hardware. There is only room for a totally new redesigned phone.

17. Hastings101 macrumors 68000

Hastings101

Delicious shouldn't be used to describe anything that is not related to good food :(

18. ggmissmolly, Sep 29, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2011

ggmissmolly macrumors regular

"Simply put, this is a bluff by Apple. The more people believe that an iPhone 4S is coming out, the more the clueless segment of the consumer base will read those stories and say: "oh I might as well just buy now". "

You don't really believe that. It's what has been said all along.....a 4S

Hello Samsung, can I please order a Galaxy S II before the rush?

Amazing you can get 4G on the Impulse 4G from ATT for 29.99, but not on your iPhone 4 or 4S. Sure it's HSPA+, but it's about 7 times faster than your iPhone.

19. z3r0inc macrumors regular

I don't think they would go so far as to misleading people :cool:. The fact that the next iphone is kept a secret is good enough to keep people to still buy the iphone4. Keep in mind that the masses are still oblivious to many things we "know" here.

20. BowTheMan89 macrumors regular

The phone market was a much different place when the 3GS replaced the 3G. Apple had basically no competition in the highend touch phone market, much different now with phones like the GS II and Nexus Prime just around the corner. 4S sales would be drastically less than a redesigned 5.

21. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

With all of the noise about "How can Apple go 16 months and not release an iPhone 5", let's take a step back and think about what everyone is talking about.

The original meaning of the iPhone 4S, as I recall, was a new less expensive phone to address emerging markets, while the iPhone 5 was a new upgraded iPhone model.

Along the way, lots of rumors came out about the 'teardrop' shape for the iPhone 5.

So, if Apple only releases one phone model (called iPhone 5), and it is an upgraded (processor, features, maybe screen size, ...) phone, but the teardrop rumors were just that... rumors, does that mean that Apple failed? Because they didn't change the form factor?

Are you guys nuts? The iPhone 4 form factor, in my humble opinion, could be one of the most aesthetically pleasing industrial designs ever conceived.

If Apple does in fact introduce a new form factor for the iPhone 5, I'm sure it will be beautiful. But if they keep the '4 design, and it's upgraded as mentioned above, I for one will be delighted to run out and get one as soon as it's available.

22. Calidude thread starter macrumors 68000

Calidude

Apple has been known to put out disinformation before.

23. z3r0inc macrumors regular

I haven't heard of this besides them "stretching the truth" on bugs and issues. Please educate me :D

24. Calidude thread starter macrumors 68000

Calidude

My case grows stronger.

25. cheesesteak22 macrumors member

That post might be the most solid evidence of a redesign since the photostream image (assuming those case names are those of the ones from the casemate website)