This iPhone launch is going to be a mess

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dontwalkhand, Sep 6, 2012.

1. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

http://m.engadget.com/2012/09/06/sprint-training-docs-cast-doubt-on-2012-iphone-launch-timing/?icid=eng_latest_art

It doesn't look like Sprint is going to be getting the iPhone at the same time as AT&T and Verizon :-(. This makes me sad somewhat as I wouldn't be able to join my friends in the iPhone line as they get their iPhones. I am really hoping this isn't true and that they do release the iPhone at the same time on Sprint as on the other bigger carriers!

2. wongulous macrumors 6502a

It's just so doubtful that this has any connection to the iPhone 5 release.

They've had the 4 and 4S, and they'll continue to have the 4 and 4S, and this was obviously months in the making. I really think the fact that the 12th/21st rumors for iPhone 5 are happening just before this are coincidence... or possibly smart planning, so they don't have to waste man-hours on training and then 1 month later, re-training when a new device is launched.

3. dontwalkhand thread starter macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I just hope that the Sept 21 rumored date, Sprint customers will be able to buy the new iPhone at the same time as AT&T and Verizon users.

4. Shadyriley macrumors 6502

Most Sprint users will jump ship to Verizon when the new iPhone comes out

5. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Why would it be a mess? It either will mean less people in lines or more since customers may jump ship.

6. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

Every launch has been a mess. Why would this one be any different? Apple's order site will die during most orders for the first few hours. Phone provider sites will lockup under the deluge of requests. Sure, some will get through fine, but this place will be filled with threads of pain & agony. Again, why would anyone expect this to go smoothly?

7. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I fail to see the connection between an internal training document and the date that Sprint will get the iPhone. They already are agreement with Apple to sell millions of iPhones and are playing catch-upt; not to mention that all iPhones are now the same (and are associated to a particular carrier's network upon activation. I see no reason why they wouldn't get it.

BTW, would you even have considered that as an interpretation had the inflammatory, click-bait headline not led you there?

Please! I've read equal, if not more, people complaining about and threatening to go to Sprint from Big Red & Ma Bell.

8. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Sounds like it will benefit everyone with one less carrier hammering the servers on launch day. I may also change the title to "The ..launch may be mildly inconvenient to those on a specific carrier"

9. mzjin macrumors 6502

mzjin

I had no problems with Sprint's 3G network, but today, it is the slowest 3G and also the worst LTE network of them all.

There's no contest, Verizon is the best and AT&T is pretty meh.

10. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

It will never be a mess like the previous iPhone launches in the past when it was exclusive to ATT. The choice of carriers have really helped people have a smoother experience online and healthier F5 keys. The only place I can think would be hectic would be an Apple store. Those Geniuses are real troopers dealing with all those people