This is how powerful I want Siri to be!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iMattcotv, Dec 5, 2011.

1. iMattcotv macrumors 6502

iMattcotv

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I seen the post asking forum members what is desired in future Siri, but I decided to dedicate a thread to my specific wants because its a bit long :p

1. Enable / Disable system options
    - I want to be able to enable or disable every single system option.. like wifi, bluetooth, airplane mode, to auto-correct & auto/capitalize to accessibility mode
    - Examples:
    "Siri, Disable Vibrate"
    "Siri, Disable caller ID"

2. Open / delete / move apps
    - I want more control over apps. To be able to open any app, delete any app (but with password protection step which could be optional to disable) & I want to be able to move apps into folders or on specific pages
    - Examples:
    "Siri, Open Modern Combat 3"
    "Siri, Delete ESPN"
    "Siri, Move Modern Combat 3 in the 'Games' folder"
    "Siri, Move Safari onto the dock --- siri:'there are already 4 apps on your dock, which shall I replace it with?' --- "Phone"

3. Auto-finish commands with pre-authorized confirmation & have the ability to do more than one command at once
    - I want the ability to have Siri text someone or call someone, without me having to confirm the command. This would obviously be a bit inaccurate for txt dictation the sending right away, but for the simple things, it would work well.
    Maybe to increase accuracy, have Siri show you what its going to automatically do for a few seconds before actually doing it, with the option to cancel.
    - I want to be able to tell Siri to enable certain things & do something else immediately after all in one shot; without having to constantly hold the home button..
    - Examples:
    "Siri, send a txt to Chris, Saying 'Be there at 10PM' Confirm send --- Message sent"
    "Siri, Enable wifi & location services, & navigate to Kitchener, Ontario"
    "Siri, note that I need to download more Music later today, & play music by 'Asking Alexandria' "
    "Siri, Delete ESPN & open the App-Store"

4. Deep integration with Apps
    - I want absolutely deep integration with apps, being able to navigate to any defined 'tabs' / settings within an app, or search within an app, while your inside the app, or not
    - Examples:
    "Siri, in Youtube, search for 'Chocolate Rain' Confirm search --- Youtube opens, rings up list of search results"
    "[While in Safari] --- Siri, go back"
    "[While in Music] --- Siri, show the playlist 'Dubstep' "
    "Enable 3G, disable bluetooth & search google for 'how to avoid death-grip' "
    "[While on the phone] --- Siri, enable Speaker-Mode"

5. Run in the background over a statusbar icon
    - Id absolutely love to be able to hold the home button & have a small non-intrusive microphone icon appear, & command her to do something.
    Having her show a small popup of what I said & her proper feedback, in a way that doesnt exit the existing opened app, & doesnt take up the entire screen.
    - Examples:
    **Hold home button while Safari is open**
    **Little glowing Microphone appears to the left of the status bar**
    "Siri, go back a page"
    **Small banner appears, (whos height is a bit bigger than that of a notification banner), showing you your input & then her response**
    "Siri, search for how to be a millionaire"
    "Siri, Send a txt to Sarah on her Pager, saying, "Ill try the best I can --- Heres your text ---
    **Shows small banner, with a confirm / cancel button
    "Siri, Send a txt to Chris, saying, "Ill be there at 10PM, confirm send ---
    **Shows small banner with your input & her response, showing a cancel button with a small 2 second timer**

6. Ability to have Siri constantly listen for you to activate her without physically pressing anything
    - I want to be able to have my phone connected to my TV while its charging & call out Siri at any given time
    - Itd clearly waste battery, but having the option is better than not having it.
    - Example:
    **Siri auto start is not enabled**
    "Siri, Answer me by voice --- Ok, Matt, I am now listenin for your commands"
    **Iphone is plugged in on night stand**
    " --- Without any physical activation -- Siri? --- 'Yes?' --- "Set an alarm for 7AM tomorrow morning, confirm alarm, play the playlist called Dubstep, set the volume to 50%"

Think of the possibilities.. Theyr completely endless here!!!

Say im on the couch.. The phones connected to my TV, Siri is set to auto-listen:
    "Siri, change the channel to 52 & set the TV volume to 30% --- IPHONE IS RINGING --- "Siri, put the phone on speaker mode & answer the call --- after conversation "Siri, end the call"
    --- Siri resumes to change channel & volume level

iPhone is mounted to car, siri is set to auto-listen

"Siri, start my car, enable Location Services & search for the closest chinese Restaurant"
    Siri: "Ive found a chinese restaurant 1KM from you.. Do you need directions?"
    "Yes, but do that in Tom-Tom Navigation"
    Siri: "Ok, here are your directions using the Tom-Tom Navigation App"
    "Siri, in TomTom Navigation, disable voice-navigation & play the playlist 'Dubstep'.. Set volume to 60%, set Bass to 80% & set treble to 100% "
    Siri: "Ok, Ill do that for you"
    **All while driving towards the chinese restaurant , with complete focus on the road, having Siri do everything for you**
    **PHONE RINGS**
    "Siri, put the phone on speaker & answer the call"
    'Heyy man.. [...] ya, im just about to get sum chinese food, ill b there in a few.. [...] alrite talk to ya later --- "Siri, end the call"
    **Resumes music playback & directions**
    **Arrives at chinese place**
    "Siri, turn off my car, pause the music & lock the device"
    **goes & gets food, having on me the door unlocker which is all i need**
    **unlocks door using button, & while opening the door says..**
    "Siri, start the car, resume music playback"
    **Siri keeps the phone locked, because u didnt say unlock it**

2. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

3. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

I understand the system settings and opening apps, but you really want your phone to change your tv channels and start your car?
    "Siri, just live my life for me."

4. Superbbrr macrumors member

Siri...turn on shower.

Siri flush the toilet.

Siri heat oven for 10 minutes.

Siri make love to me.

5. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

Sorry OP, TL;DR ... but I want Siri to be like EDI on Mass Effect 2. (Sorry if you havent played that, you may not get what I really mean :p)
    Siri's voice today still sounds a lot unnatural and like VoiceOver we had for some time now on all iDevices.

But by the time that comes, I think Apple would only sell Siri system, no need for another iPad, Macbook, Mac desktop or even iPhone. :D

6. iMattcotv thread starter macrumors 6502

iMattcotv

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Lol theyd sell iSiri Watch

An iOS Siri-powered watch capable of controling every single thing thats bluetooth & coded to work for iSiri Watch, which would be everything eventually.

7. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Siri, ready the OP's post as I fell asleep half what throught it!

All of the is coming but it will not be on an Apple product, at least not like the ones they have today.:p

8. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

So, you just want Siri to be so powerful that you can be that lazy enough to just sit back and watch your life without any physical interaction, like a longass movie? :confused:

9. iMattcotv thread starter macrumors 6502

iMattcotv

You all have such amazing perspectives of this great technology!

10. iphone4s16gb macrumors 6502

yeah right ... apple not gotta do this siri for you , they will do it but not now maybe next 100 years ,

everything you say is just like robot , if siri can do all of that then no more touch phone , iphone touch such change to Iphone Talk ,

also, firstable apple need to do battery fix first then do siri update this way , somehow battery can't fix so that mean no chance for siri get smartter

11. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

I bet a lot sooner. Lets say less than 10 yrs..;) I like most of the suggestions posted. Not the car bit however.

12. iphone4s16gb macrumors 6502

yeah right ...

iphone start 2007
    and now almost step to 2012

5 years , did apple improve battery yet ?

answer is [ no ]

maximum 5/6 hour

so , SIRI get smart is real long way to go , over 10 years , not like we want

13. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Sure they did. The original iPhone would only get a fraction of its original battery life if it had Siri and iCloud and a GPS and a 3G chip and background processes running on it.

The fact that the 4S lasts longer than that...that's called an improvement.

14. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

That's just silly. They keep improving the batter, but then they add a better processor that takes more battery power. Not to mention other upgrades that use more battery. (3G vs Edge). Better GPS chip.

15. SporkLover macrumors 6502

Siri = First Generation of Skynet technology.

Stop using it, and take her down before she becomes dangerous!

16. Megalobyte, Dec 6, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2011

Megalobyte macrumors 6502a

I like most of the ideas. I don't think any are all that far fetched.

I can picture this:

***my 7 year old son, with a smirk, comes in my room, Siri on table set to auto listen. My son says: Siri, erase all content and settings! :) ***

----------

Yeah, but at least the terminators will have Apple logos on them. :) And the facial likeness of Steve, creepy!

17. Looon macrumors 6502a

Looon

18. iKIKO macrumors regular

iKIKO

19. iphone4s16gb macrumors 6502

SIRI not gotta smart like real people talk , they have limit ,so all they can do is
    open application,text,facetime and so on ...

if you guy want siri do like real people like us , just talk and do , i don't think so , maybe next 100 years .........

20. Looon macrumors 6502a

Looon

The grammar in this post is top notch.

21. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

I can just see it coming:

A prankster walks up to group of iPhone owners and shouts "Siri, delete all my unsynchronized personal files!"

Mad scramble ensues as all the owners try to stop their Siri... too late!

Better make sure everyone comes up with their own attention-command name :)

22. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

My brain hurts from reading this.

23. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

THANK YOU! at least i'm not the only one! lol

OP - I'd say all those would be very possible within the next few years.

I'd really like #6 to happen. On the voice recognition that they TRIED to do on vista, you had the ability to say "start listening" and "stop listening". I bet with the "AI" that siri has, it'd be able to interpret someone asking "siri?" or "siri, are you there?" or just "siri" even.

Overall, i think all of what you said is not totally out of question at some point in the future, i just don't think it will happen until after the next 1 or 2 iPhones come out.

24. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

Why have Siri start your car when keyless entry and ignition systems tend to be the future? So long as the key is on you, the doors automatically lock/unlock for you and starting/ stopping your car is a simple button push (much easier than having to ask Siri to do it for you).

The rest of your list is fairly believable as it's just a matter of integrating Siri with the rest of the phone or, in the case of the tv or car radio, something that your phone possibly could control in the future (if not already).

As for the battery drain factor that people keep jumping on, note that the phone is plugged-in in many of his scenarios.