This is how to get the real full iTunes experience to truly enjoy musis on the MBP.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Bobby Corwen, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

2. TheFarmer macrumors 6502

3. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

4. zwodubber macrumors 6502a

lol

5. badage macrumors newbie

you call that music? lol

As Bob Dylan said, "You've got to serve somebody."
    So if you're not serving Christ, you're serving the anti-Christ.

6. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

hahah mmm kfc

7. Bobby Corwen thread starter macrumors 68030

No, gangsta rap is not actually music. It has no melody.

8. presdaddy macrumors newbie

that's like saying rock isn't music since drum kits have no melody either. there are definitely melodies in rap music, they just aren't in the vocals.

i disagree with music=thing with melody as well but i'll quit while im ahead

9. johnnj macrumors 6502a

Music is the quality of sound organized over time. Just because it sucks doesn't mean it's not music.

That said, I prefer my monitors to be Tannoy System 800s, not KRKs or whatever those are. I also prefer my fried chicken to be Popeye's, not KFC. Although I do like their honey bbq wings.

I don't get how a motion sickness-inducing video of a projector with some visualizer makes for the "thread title here", though. To me the full music experience is driving 100mph at night on an interstate mid-summer with the top down and Funker Vogt going full blast from the ipod 160 in the armrest. Oh.. and not getting a ticket because the V1 is also going full blast.

John

10. s.hasan546 macrumors 6502

Wow. Couldn't agree more. Felt like that came right outta my head. Top down, s2000, flying down the LIE. Perfect

11. spob15 macrumors member

After I dealt with the motion sickness, I was disappointed that I wasted my time.

12. Bobby Corwen thread starter macrumors 68030

Yeah I know music is notes aranged in rhythm over time. I was just being sarcastic with that dude lol.

Yes those are KRK Rockit 6s and are you sure you prefer some Tannoys over one of the best reviewed monitors of our time? Such correctness of sound reproduction is hard to beat at this pricepoint.

Popeyes? It's a bit rubbery for my taste. If you like that rubber chicken vibe go for it.

That whole last paragraph sounded cool in a Cannonball Run kind of way lol.

Note: I hope you all realize I can also browse the web on my wall in blu ray quality or explore Azeroth, -on my wall!!!!!!

This is a full 1080P HDMI projector hooked up to the 17" MBP.

13. mrwonkers macrumors 6502

mrwonkers

So you hooked up your MBP to a projector projecting on a wall - and this is the "real way" to enjoy your tunes..... I'll stick to sitting in a dimm room with my bass on full chillin wit ma *itches, u feelin me real?

14. Bobby Corwen thread starter macrumors 68030

Yeah but I got KRKs hooked up to a Fasttrack pro

15. Bobby Corwen thread starter macrumors 68030

16. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

How much is the replacement bulbs (as some of the lower priced ones need replacement every few hundred hours, which is why people have them in dedicated theaters that only see a few hours of usage a week and have Plasmas/LCDs for their everday viewing, as bulbs can be around $250 +, the cheapest being about $70)? They can be like printers, good quality but the inks last only a few pages before needing replacements.

17. johnnj macrumors 6502a

It's been a while since I've been into pro audio, but I seem to remember that proper placement of nearfield monitors isn't on the floor next to a bed and a box of chicken bones. It is possible that since then there have been advancements in yellow cone paper technology which addresses this deficiency. However, I'll stick to the old ear-level equilateral triangle standard.

I'm sure that this LCD projector technology is very exciting to you, but to us office types they just mean that there'll be another hour out of your life that you'll never get back while some guy or gal shows a Powerpoint deck or some development work they maybe got wrong.

Oh, and in what possible way is this thread on topic to this forum? It seems to be more about projectors and speakers, which I think is a different forum than this one.

18. Bobby Corwen thread starter macrumors 68030

Mine is 3000 hours.

19. Bobby Corwen, Apr 8, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2011

Bobby Corwen thread starter macrumors 68030

Um first of all wise guy, it's not LCD, it's the new DLP technology which is way better for colors. Second of all it's a 1080P projector and as you can see in the video it's about the iTunes experience on a MacBook Pro and showing my fellow friends with MBP to possibly consider a similar setup.

It's hyper-portable yet displays a pristine 1080p resolution on any wall. Two years ago this wasn't possible anywhere near under 3grand. This is a big deal now for portable computing because for the price of a 27inch monitor you can have a portable 130" inch screen connected to your MacBook at (finally) a workable resolution and level of clarity. Why have a heavy gigantic 70" inch screen that you need movers to carry as opposed to a screen twice as large and only a fraction of the size and fits in a backpack. Why get a 30" monitor when a 130" screen has just as much clarity?

This whole combination of technology in my video is quite affordable and over-all mind blowing. A big bang for the buck. I highly recommend anyone with a MBP to consider skipping an external display all together and just go HDMI out to one of these 1080P projectors.

20. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

So much misinformation in this thread. DLP is not new technology. There are LCD and LED driven LCD projectors and they are the newest technology, which are reporting as good and better colors than the DLPs without the limitations, such as LEDs don't require replaceable bulbs like the DLPs require. 5 years ago might have been true about the under $3K statement, but 2 years ago most of the desired projectors were in the $1800 range with several great ones under $1K. You said it was $700, who pays that much for a 24inch monitor (great IPS panels can be had for half of that and less). As far as speakers, every good audio engineer will tell you that they are only good in a well designed and controlled studio room, and not designed for a bedroom and general listening, but that is all I am going to say about that.

21. johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    i actually quite liked the music he was playing!

22. Bobby Corwen, Apr 8, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2011

Bobby Corwen thread starter macrumors 68030

1. DLP is in fact the leading technology in projectors because LCD does not produce the same true colors, they are washed out all things being equal. If you read around many publications and authorities in the field have agreed to the consensus that DLP is King. Go to Fry electronics and every projector is DLP. Ok now that I shut down your argument there, onto..

2. 2 years ago you could not get the projector I just mentioned nor the only other competitor (optoma hd20) for under 1000. There were no 1080p projectors under 1000$ as there are even now only 2 1080p projectors under $1000, mine being one of them, and even though I got mine for 700$ now, two years ago it was $1000 when it first came out. And I said 700 so no this was not possible 2 years ago. 1800$ is not 700$. Checkmate.

3rd of all, I have a two KRKs in the video, do you see me mixing on them? Am I mastering in the video?

No.

Why would you bring up room treatment after watching a video about enjoying music? I have a separate room that is treated and has a recording booth and keyboards setup. That's where I produce. Just because I have KRKs doesn't mean I'm not allowed to listen to music in a regular non treated room? You connected two things that have no connection just to support some misplaced criticism. Logic fail!

23. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

What speakers and receiver/amplifier were used?

24. johnnj macrumors 6502a

Has anyone checked out his other youtubings? I don't think I've ever said to myself "what did I do to deserve this" about anything, except my wife and she's not a thing. It's more like "what did I do to afford this". Oh.. this is in reference to his laptop unboxing video, which includes him explaining that the Air was for girls and then we get to go to the mall with him to exchange it.

The audio kind of drops out during the actual unboxing, but that's ok. The excitement in the first 2/3 of the video makes it worthwhile.

Oh.. and don't miss out on the cotton candy eating at the mall video. It's really quite something and speaks volumes on the human condition in the early 21st century. Watch it a few times and you'll see what I mean.