This is the type of idiocy that so-called White Nationalism causes.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by LIVEFRMNYC, Nov 2, 2017.

1. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

Watch the video in the link. This college student could have died cause of her roommate's nasty deliberate actions.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rubbed-used-tampons-black-roommate-s-bag.html

• Brianna Brochu, a white freshman at the University of Hartford, posted on Instagram about how she 'finally got rid of her roommate' - 'Jamaican Barbie'
    • She said she'd been 'spitting in her coconut oil, putting moldy clam dip in her lotions, rubbing used tampons on her backpack'
    • Brochu also claimed she'd been 'putting (Chennel Rowe's) toothbrush places where the sun doesn't shine'
    • She has since been arrested for third-degree criminal mischief and second-degree breach of peace - which each carry a maximum six month sentence
    • Rowe said she was disgusted and horrified at the 'racially motivated' abuse
    • University of Hartford say they are also taking disciplinary steps against Brochu

45E7C6B300000578-5039149-image-m-28_1509544911034.jpg

Brianna Brochu: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

2. TsMkLg068426 macrumors 65816

But I thought some White Supremacist are nice people said by Trump.

3. Zenithal macrumors G3

Came in expecting this November 4th crap. This was interesting, too...

4. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

5. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

the title of this thread is race-bait BS. came in expecting better.

6. LIVEFRMNYC thread starter macrumors 604

The title absolutely fits. Hate speech breeds the type of people that would do this.

7. Zenithal macrumors G3

Eh, he has a point. You're letting emotions dictate a title when it should more or less conform the actual news at hand. Coincidentally, it reminds me of someone who posted for a short period not long ago and made similar threads. Must be a NYC thing.

You need to learn to have some apathy and be impartial. Even if the actions of some shmuck disgusts you.

8. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

No indication she was a white nationalist, I did some searching and at least one source says Chenel was actually from Jaimaca so I'm not sure Jaimaca Barbi could be taken as a racist name, Jaimaca is a country, sounds more like jealousy. If she wasn't from Jaimaca and she called her that maybe.

She's probably just a piece of ****.

9. LIVEFRMNYC thread starter macrumors 604

Nope, the writing's on the wall. Sorry I can't take a clear 4032x3024 HDR picture of racism, it just doesn't work that way. The victim clearly says she felt it was due to racism.

10. pdqgp, Nov 2, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2017

pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

you're twist of what many here and in this country see as Patriotism with a more negatively skewed Nationalism definition and making it seem as being focused on our country and our people equals hate is what I have issue with.

at the end of the day however, to hate someone like this turd isn't wrong. people with his views and mindset need to be dealt with an to allow our great country to function based on letting just anyone in on a lottery in the year of 2017 for the sake of "diversity" is stupid. Time to tighten up things and make more sound decisions that put our country and our people first.

if we continue to allow just anyone with a heartbeat in and don't wrap requirements around it and ditch the stupidity of our open boarder mentality things are just going to continue a downward trend. when you have something of value you don't give it away to just anyone.

living the US needs to be treated as one of the highest privileges one can achieve IMO. we need to stop crapping on that and invoke policies that begin to reflect that privilege. WE as Americans decide that too. I really don't care if other countries agree with our views or not. they are entitled to an opinion and to stay right where they are.

If people in the UK or France or Australia thing they have a greater place to live or their values and laws are better, that's cool, then so be it and understand I'm not here to argue their point. Enjoy their country and we'll enjoy ours. People everywhere have a choice of where to aspire living and if some countries like Germany want to just let everyone in, great for them. In our country however, I think we need to begin being way more selective for a lot of reasons and give far less care to what others think. This is our country not theirs.

11. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

When I saw the headline, I assumed this was race related. Then I read through the article and, I have to tell you the truth, it seems to me that this just as easily could have been motivated by something other than race.

Rowe said she feels like it was racism because this came out of nowhere. Well, a lot of nutty stuff “just comes out of nowhere”. It’s possible that this Breezy chick was jealous. Maybe she thought Rowe was better looking than her (ie “Jamaican Barbie”). Maybe she felt like Rowe slighted her in some way (real or imagined). Maybe she’s just a crappy human being.

Maybe the university/law enforcement know something that wasn’t included, but the only basis for racism presented in the article was:

A.) The accused is white
    B.) The victim is black
    C.) The victim feels like what happened to her was racism.

That can’t be the bar to meet to qualify as racism. If it is, then the word racism is now meaningless, and that’s not a good thing.

12. LIVEFRMNYC thread starter macrumors 604

That's complete BS. Any other type of accusation, nobody would say the accuser's word can’t be the bar to meet to qualify as racism. Would you say the same towards the accusers of the recent Hollywood accusations? By your logic, their word can’t be the bar to meet to qualify as a sexual crime.

This was obvious racism. Stop throwing a bunch of "what ifs" in the mix. The victim has no reason to lie about the racial tone she felt. And the one that assaulted her, is proven to be a lair as shown in the link on the bottom of the OP.

13. BeeGood, Nov 2, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2017

BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

Your analogy makes no sense becuase you’re conflating two different things.

I’m talking about the motive for the crime, not the crime itself. While you can certainly take Rowe on her word as to what happened (the crime), she doesn’t necessarily know why her roommate did this. She’s assuming it was racism, just like you are.

Similarly, the victims of Hollywood sexual assault are telling you what happened (the crime). They’re not opining as to why it happened, because again, that would be an assumption.

So that’s it? I “feel racial tones” therefore I’m a victim of a hate crime and someone should go to prison for that?

You really don’t see why this is problematic?

EDIT: And really? She has no reason to lie?

I’m sure she has noticed that the statutory sentence for a hate crime is more than the misdemeanor that would have otherwise been applied here. But nope, she has no reason to want to send her attacker away for longer. Nope none at all.

14. Huntn macrumors demi-god

Huntn

...but you forget to say anything about what this college student did to her roommate. Curious.

15. LIVEFRMNYC thread starter macrumors 604

(From bottom OP link) The police also feel it's racial ......

16. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

I can see some idiotic racism, and I am glad that the Police is investigating hate crimes here.
    I just don’t see the nationalist part.

17. Huntn macrumors demi-god

Huntn

The White Nationalism movement encourages white entitlement and prejudice directed against blacks, it’s that simple. Now you can say this incident has nothing to do with White Nationalism, but White Nationalism is tied to it and at a minimum, if an accurate report, this white person is a dispicable PoS racist who did horrendous things against her black roommate and deserves to be in jail. She fits right in with the White Nationalists.

18. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

I said in my first post that it’s possible that the police have more information than what ran in that article. Law enforcement has no reason to discuss all of the evidence they’ve collected with the media.

It’s also possible that the charges are garbage. I’m sure that you’re aware that this happens all of the time.;)

19. edk99 macrumors 6502a

So I guess now if any white person does anything to a black person or any other minority it is automatically racism and the white person is now labeled as a White Nationalist

20. LIVEFRMNYC thread starter macrumors 604

Yes, that's possible. But given the circumstances, and given the victim felt it was out of racism. It's a pretty strong lean towards it actually being racism. You can't lean away from that because racism isn't tangible evidence.

This isn't a one time encounter, the victim was living in the same room, so I'll take her word about the vibe she got from her roommate. The roommate has basically forfeited any rebuttal to the victims claim of racism, based on her actions and the fact that she lied to police.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 2, 2017 ---
    Yup, that's exactly what I'm trying to say. You guessed it. :rolleyes:

21. Huntn macrumors demi-god

Huntn

The term Jamaican Barbie included in her post along with the bragging confession could be a clue.:rolleyes:

22. LIVEFRMNYC thread starter macrumors 604

That was definitely posted in a condescending manner.

23. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

Considering how many times girls call each other (and themselves!) “bitch” and “bitches” I would say that Jamaican Barbie is not really an insult. Condescending and puerile at most.

24. Huntn macrumors demi-god

Huntn

I’m seeing a minor trend in this thread of choosing to deflect or defend White Nationalism rather than denouncing the discipcable person who the report is about. At least signal some disapproval if you can bring yourself to do that. :oops:

25. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

I’ve addressed this already.

Rowe is an attractive girl, I guess it’s totally out of the realm of possibility that Breezy was jealous of her?

Nope...has to be racism. :rolleyes: