This Is What Donald Trump is Doing to Our Country

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by vrDrew, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Who even paid them? What's the source for all this?

By the way you can't tar all Democratic supporters with the actions of a tiny minority any more than tarring all republicans over the KKK.

2. jblagden macrumors 65816

jblagden

Didn't we already establish that they were paid by the DNC?

3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

No.

4. martint235 macrumors 6502

martint235

Why are you worried about your jobs? Are you not very good at them?

5. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Oh dear, you picked the exactly wrong example to make your argument. It doesn't matter how much voter fraud happens; the mere threat that it poses to the democratic process:

In national elections, successful electoral fraud can have the effect of a coup d'état or corruption of democracy. In a narrow election, a small amount of fraud may be enough to change the result. Even if the outcome is not affected, revelation of fraud can have a damaging effect, if not punished, as it can reduce voters' confidence in democracy.​

…demands that we seek a remedy by verifying voter ID.

Another poorly chosen example. Men using women's bathroom facilities has been a non-existent problem because it has been a crime for hundreds of years. Until the Obama administration, perverts invading women's facilities could be dissuaded from doing so by the threat of being arrested. Now they can freely indulge themselves while pretending to have gender issues.

Which is not to say that those who actually have gender issues are perverts, they're suffering from mental health issues that should be addressed by treatment, rather than forcing society to change traditionally gender-specific facilities.

Correct. I'm not. You're just engaging in hand-waving in an attempt to distract from the fact that 40 hate crimes in a city with a huge population is not a crisis. It's not even statistically significant. Only dishonest political hacks, like, apparently, Think Progress, would suggest otherwise.

6. steve knight macrumors 68030

steve knight

yes a huge amount they happen so often I mean your links prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt. Now what about the We????

7. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

I can't understand your post. Please try again.

8. steve knight macrumors 68030

steve knight

I know english is not your first language.

9. bopajuice, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2017

bopajuice Suspended

bopajuice

Oh dear, every time the transgender thing comes up the right throws in the pervert thing. Typical and rather ridiculous talking points. Again a non issue. Your attempt to add weight to issues that have very little or no potential to threaten our democracy takes away from the real issues affecting democracy. Things like Russia influencing our election. Regardless if they only did it to Hillary. It's still the USA. Very little is being done about a foreign country influencing our democracy. Yet stories about buses of fictitious voters being driven across state lines is treated as fact. Investigations about Obama wire tapping. Conflicts of interest, ties to Russia, Trump changing the entire role of a Presidency to suite his needs. Really, where is the threat again?

When the number of hate crimes or voter fraud cases gets into the thousands then we should talk about democracy. Until then it's just the typical forum regurgitation. Our country has become Delusional.

Further, the statistic I provided only covers the first few months of the year. The number will rise. Even one hate crime can affect hundreds. Look at the Jewish school that was closed down last week because of a bomb threat.

10. martint235 macrumors 6502

martint235

That is so worrying at such a deep level even for a forum like this one. Next you'll be claiming that being gay can be "cured"

11. bopajuice Suspended

bopajuice

Show me the link to this? Was this reported by a partisan or neutral source?
    --- Post Merged, Mar 9, 2017 ---
    It's difficult to understand people who think like that, you can try to reason, but the efforts are futile. Ignorance is alive and well on the forums.

12. steve knight macrumors 68030

steve knight

I am sure he is a expert on mental health issues. The duckamericanwannabe is just having issues thinking he is a American and he is a conservative American no less.

13. jblagden macrumors 65816

jblagden

We're afraid that illegal immigrants will take a lot of jobs from Americans by working for a lot less. If you give them citizenship, they'll displace a lot of American labor by taking jobs Americans would have done for a higher wage. Add to that, a secondary effect of giving the illegal immigrants citizenship could depress wages by virtue of the fact that they will work for less.

14. sim667 macrumors 65816

I think that one may have already been done on here at some point.

15. vrDrew thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and suggest you didn't read that Chicago Tribune column very carefully. Or, if you did, you didn't really apply much in the way of reading comprehension skills.

Emphasis mine.

But to make it understandable to those of the meanest intelligence, he's making a joke. He hasn't really "built a successful paid protesting career" - because such a job doesn't exist. Why would he ask readers to keep it secret from the Chicago Tribune, at the same time he's writing a column in the Chicago Tribune. One which inevitably would be read by its editors and managers?

16. jblagden macrumors 65816

jblagden

Yeah, I didn't really read it. I just did a quick search and posted one of the results. Got me there.

17. martint235 macrumors 6502

martint235

So why not do the jobs better for a higher wage? You come across as one of the right wing on here which should mean the market rules but it sounds like you're just scared someone will come along and show your boss how your job should be done. Protectionism at its worst

18. Raid, Mar 9, 2017

Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

FYI I haven't read all the posts here but the TSA does not do immigration checks. That's Customs and Immigration.

<edit>
    Now I've had my fair share of professional dealings with US Customs pre 9/11 and even back then they were not generally known for being polite or patient... they never seemed to realize that they are the face of the country. Yes you got to do your job, and that means you have to be an ****** to get it done sometimes... but that 'sometimes' seems to be more of the norm now.

Remember Americans this is just one example of how some feel about this treatment in your country (from article in OP):

19. jblagden macrumors 65816

jblagden

That's a rather elitist response. There are a lot of people in this country who can't do a higher-paying job because they don't have the skills or education for it, and it would take too long for them to prepare. And even if none of those were true, there's still the issue of the number of jobs. You're assuming that there are enough-higher level jobs for the workers who will be displaced by illegal immigrants (if they are given citizenship).
    --- Post Merged, Mar 9, 2017 ---
    Did you see the other two sources? Or did you just ignore them because the conservative?

20. martint235, Mar 9, 2017

martint235 macrumors 6502

martint235

No I think every job can be done better if the person doing it wants it. What protectionists like yourself want is to stop people who know how to do your job better taking it off you

Also given that you've implied a shortage of jobs, what would you say if a US citizen offered to do it for less and took it off you?

21. niploteksi macrumors regular

Dangerously close to communism :)

Also, infowars isn't to be considered a reliable source, even if they had actually tried to make up sources. Which they didn't even try in that article. Click-bait for the masses.

22. bopajuice Suspended

bopajuice

If this is true it is a dispicible act. I would not even try to defend such actions. Yet having Russia influence our election is acceptable behavior? Both sides engage in questionable, immoral, and most likely illegal activity. No big surprise... all just to convince the public that "our party is better".

But I find it baffling how one dispicle act is so horrible while another is not. Guess it all depends if you are red or blue, which I am beginning to realize is degrading our democracy not helping it. This divide is stiffling.

23. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

You do realise that the Chicago Tribune piece is a SATIRE? Also worth noting - the following article is also a satire - http://www.newyorker.com/humor/boro...ows-get-unique-opportunity-to-fly-through-air.

You also quoted Infowars, a source who thinks the Sandy Hook shooting was staged, and that the US government committed both 9/11 and the Oklahoma City bombing - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Jones_(radio_host)#Infowars.

Plus Conservative Treehouse is just some random persons blog and offers no proof or evidence for its claims.