This is why the iPhone 5 is being delayed, and why Apple wants to stop Samsung...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hal Jordan, Apr 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hal Jordan macrumors member

There is no doubt Apple took their sweet time to sue Samsung. I have no doubt it's because Samsung will be bringing out new devices that will truly threaten their position in the mobile market. I've made it clear that I will not be getting another iPhone to replace my 3GS, and GS2 is the reason why. The new Galaxy Tabs and more importantly the Galaxy S2 phone will crush the competition. The performance on this phone is absolutely ridiculous. Especially how it just flies through FLASH heavy browsing. All hate aside, you truly have to be a blind fanboy (of any brand) to not take this thing seriously as an option to be your next phone.

http://www.youtube.com/user/samsungmobilerdom#p/u/19/piPZWJzorBU

2. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Specs mean nothing to the average consumer. All the want is a cool phone which looks good. Functionality comes second for most people, that's why iPhone will always win because iPhone and Apple in general is cool and in fashion at the moment.

I have studied these sort of effects in consumers briefly at school.

3. Sdahe macrumors 68000

Sdahe

4. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

5. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

While I agree that the competition is worth a close look, I think it's exaggerating to say this is why the iPhone 5 is "being delayed" or that it's why Apple "wants to stop Samsung". Apple does what Apple does. They have never been particularly concerned about "the competition has X therefore we'd better put X in too!" In fact it's usually Apple saying "The competition is all focused on X, but we think what you really want is Y".

6. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

The phone may be nice but Android is still sub-par.

7. kazaam93 macrumors member

Apple is just too cool
    And the build of the galaxy is flimsy

8. wxman2003 Suspended

So you had to create a thread telling us your are getting a Samsung? Well good for you. All here who really cares that Hal Jordan is getting a Samsung, raise your hand.

9. upbraid macrumors member

apple=luxury brand most consumers can afford (think low end bmw, audi, lexus), while andriods are 'normal' to lower-tier brand (toyota, ford).

10. Hal Jordan, Apr 24, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2011

Hal Jordan thread starter macrumors member

Specs mean nothing to the average users. I agree 100%. But what you see in those videos is not specs, you're seeing real world performance at it's best. That speech to text is unreal. The 1080P video and camera performance is Superb. You have heavy audio in the background and the phone can still accurately pick up the voice to send texts. AWESOME!!! Little things like motion gestures to zoom in and out, or to scroll are very cool touches. The phone is a monster.

If the next iPhone has this kind of performance, you can bet Apple will let the consumer know, and that's where Samsung may fall short. They need to market these devices as such. Apple still leads the pack in being able to effectively communicate to the average consumer.

11. wxman2003 Suspended

So will this Samsung be as good as the crappy PC's and blu ray players they make?

12. wxman2003 Suspended

Just wait and see how good the phone is after the carriers put their crap on it and lock the bootloader.

13. Padraig macrumors 6502a

If you think Apple is a luxury brand, you've got a very low base for luxury.

14. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

You joined just to slam Apple's products?

You're going to get laughed out of the park buddy.

Educating yourself will reduce the number of ignorant posts you make.

Did you forget it runs wh*red out Android OS, LOL

"Flies through Flash" ... LOL .... sure, if you power it from a car battery.

15. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

Apple is definitely a luxury brand, that's pretty much the definition of paying a little more for aesthetics.

16. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

That is true.

Unfortunate, but true.

Mind you, half of the features on even the iPhone are tokenism at best (e.g. the camera; I've never used it. )

But there is more to Apple than just "being cool" - the superior OS speaks for itself. AND their iDevices segue into the Mac very nicely indeed...

I am going to be majoring in marketing so I need to study it as well. :)

17. Hal Jordan thread starter macrumors member

Why is it every time someone speaks highly of a non-Apple product, some fanboy gets his feelings hurt and concludes that Apple is being slammed? Please tell me where in my post I am SLAMMING Apple. Laughable.

18. benjayman2 macrumors 6502

benjayman2

GS2 threaten the mobile market? The App store is just too big a factor and the maturation of iOS will not just stop. So whatever perceived leg up that samsung may have will be gone and long forgotten when the new iOS and iP5 is released.

19. wxman2003 Suspended

Based on Samsung's stellar past performance with the captivate, Epic, Galaxy, Vibrant, Transform, Intercept, Gem, Prevail, i7500, Continuum, Behold, etc, Apple has nothing to worry about. Just another piece of crap in a long line of crap.

20. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Because thats all we ever see on this website is nothing but anti-apple garbage. Macrumors is definitely not a site for Apple fans anymore. If you say something nice about Apple you are a fanboy, but if you bash Apple then you are "having a logical discussion about technology".

Truth is Apple makes amazing products, yet countless people join these forums to do nothing but bash. If Apple is so bad then why do they continually break profit records, why does the competition continually try and catch up, and why do they continually have the highest customer satisfaction rate among computer companies?

EDIT: OP I'm not attacking you I'm just saying in general thats what you see on this site.

21. johneaston macrumors regular

A most over-used and inaccurate phrase. Apple products absolutely do not 'just work'. I can think of a dozen examples without even trying.

22. s15119 macrumors 65816

s15119

funny - it looks like an iPhone.

The "real" iPhone killer will not copy the iPhone.

23. wxman2003 Suspended

Just like the OP saying the Samsung G2 will "crush the competition"

24. endo689 macrumors newbie

Lol don't forget about the faulty gps chips and not all bluetooth profiles being provided. Had a samsung vibrant which is a sgs series phone. Had so many problems with it even after having it replaced. I will never buy another samsung phone again. I know samsung manufactures many of the parts to my iPhone but their actual products are garbage.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

25. Tapiwa macrumors member

No kidding, just syncing my iphone to my new computer ended up being a nightmare. Even though I followed a tutorial, itunes still managed to completely screw up all my folders in the process. We're talking about using an iPhone with a Mac by the way... :mad:

Still my favorite phone and computer on the market but let's not pretend that they're perfect :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.