This is why you read Playboy for the articles

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yg17, Aug 25, 2012.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Hugh Hefner hits the nail on the head in thos op-ed.

http://www.playboy.com/playground/view/sexual-freedom WARNING: NSFW because of some skin in the background and because visiting playboy.com while at work probably just isn't a good idea

2. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Just another reason never to vote republican. They try to hide their obsession with returning us to Puritan times with their bs talk about "small government" and "tax cuts". The conservative agenda is disgusting and their propaganda is harmful to the country. I'm confident that America will stand up and reject them this November.

3. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Most conservatives are fiscal conservatives and really don't give a rats @$$ about gay marriage or any of the other social issues that seem to define liberals.

I would actually vote for a democrat who would cut government and associated spending, however the two parties have aligned the way they are with the social extremes joining the spending extremes, so I will continue to support the party of smaller, less intrusive government.

4. Eraserhead, Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2012

Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

If this was actually true then the Republicans would have a candidate who was pro-choice and pro-gay marriage and so on, as they would appeal better to "liberals".

What, like Clinton did?

5. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

So the government muscling it's way into your bedroom is less intrusive?

6. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

BS. if they didn't give a crap about it, they wouldn't waste all their time trying to ban it. And if they don't give a crap about it then that's not a good thing either, it shows they couldn't care less about government intrusion and the civil rights of their fellow countrymen. Sure doesn't sound like a party I want to be affiliated with.

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Yet our federal government grew way more under Reagan, Bush I and Bush II than it did under Clinton or Obama. Smaller, less intrusive indeed.

In what world is the Republican party less intrusive than the Democratic party? SInce gaining control of the house, there hasn't been a single Republican bill put forth to deal with our economy or jobs. Plenty of abortion bills though. Smaller, less intrusive indeed.

8. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

well that automatically rules out the GOP for you. Lets see they are guilty of the largest chunk of spending increases. They are against cutting military spending (hell they want to INCREASE IT)
    They are the reason we are in the current depression.

So I ask why the hell do you vote GOP since they are pretty good at across the board in history at not lining up with what you believe.

9. elistan, Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2012

elistan macrumors 6502a

The world of large corporations and financial institutions. (By which I mean, the Republicans are pretty hands off in their dealings with corporations, banks, etc. Limited to no regulations.) The corps usually don't have my best interests at heart, and therefore the Republicans don't have my support.

10. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

This.

The republican party is not about small government, their about invading peoples private lives.

11. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

You must be trolling. No one is this naive.

(which isn't to suggest the Democrats are not in league with these guys)

12. radiogoober macrumors 6502a

Agree 100%.

The GOP needs to SHUT THE **** UP about religion and stupid christian values. **** that. The democrats need to stop being such liberal cry babies who get so offended over EVERYTHING that doesn't please them.

I wish they'd all align to reduce government spending and quit taxing the **** out of us to support idiocy.

13. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Sorry, but it is pretty clear that most of the GOP only cares about those things.

14. radiogoober macrumors 6502a

Well, they are also against passing unconstitutional things like obamacare :)

15. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Just going to point out that Taxes are near record lows right now so tell me again how they are taxing the **** out of us?

----------

Courts ruled otherwise. So yet again the GOP lies fail to stand up to facts.

16. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

That is a great op-ed.
    The puritanical and moralistic outcries and laws have definitely been on the rise lately and one is left scratching their head wondering how far religious beliefs are going to undo all advancements of the 20th century.
    Are these laws the new prohibition era of the 21st century?

17. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

All said while taxes are at historic lows....

18. radiogoober macrumors 6502a

Oh, that's only slightly deceitful. Middle income family taxes were lower during the Bush administration, and have been rising ever since.
    http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm?fa=view&id=3151

19. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Bush screwed everyone by lowering taxes. You don't lower taxes in a time of war only to borrow money to pay for those wars (which he did) which lowered our dollar and raised gas prices.

It feels good at the time but hurts in the long run.

Don't forget, "cutting taxes for the rich aka job creators". If that works so well where are the jobs?

20. radiogoober macrumors 6502a

lol.

21. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Lol what? Prove me wrong please.

22. leekohler, Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2012

leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

23. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

You find it logical to simultaneously declare war and lower taxes:rolleyes:?

24. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

You're missing the big picture. The point has never been about doing what's best for the country. The point is about doing what's best for the few.

Of course, supply siders will never admit this, but the evidence is there for anyone looking. Who does supply side economics benefit? Follow the money trail. There are decades of evidence to show you who benefits, and it's not the country as a whole, or even the middle class.

25. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Hehe.. I would have typed a thorough response if I wasn't responding to a troll post. The professed conservatives on here have consistently missed the point that governments rarely contract. Overall we've seen horrible debt increases under Republican administrations. in terms of following money trails, the GOP has always favored defense contractors. That alone virtually ensures I'll never vote for them. They lost billions during the Iraq War with poor accounting, yet complaints surfaced regarding supplies of body armor and veterans' benefits. As you've noted the GOP survives by pandering to fearful elderly who grew up with McCarthyism and the first rounds of Communist accusations along with religious fanatics. I'm not sure what they'll do when the baby boomers begin to die out.