This makes me angry and ashamed

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by smallcoffee, Nov 11, 2016.

1. smallcoffee macrumors 6502a

Link

This kind of **** is unacceptable. Absolutely, 100% unacceptable. I hope these thugs and pieces of **** are apprehended and jailed for this.

Just because the candidate you voted for loses doesn't mean you get to attack people. Pathetic and disgusting.

2. Meister Suspended

Meister

There is blatant racism and sexism against white men.

Thank god president Trump is here now!

3. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

It is ridiculous what is happening post election.

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I completely agree. There has been so much intolerance this election, it's shocking as an outsider looking in. I thought it would end at the election but then Trump said he's going to monitor Muslims and then I knew the intolerance was going to continue for a while.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 11, 2016 ---
    Agree. It's all the things Trump said people should do in 2012, but happening now instead.

5. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I'm not excusing that behavior at all. But Trump himself did ignite the public on both the left and right with hateful passion. Ofcourse it's expected for a select minority of idiots to carry that into violence.

Trump is President elect now, he needs to make a speech condemning his own previous behavior and the behavior of the American people on both sides. For him to be quiet about the passionate polarization of the American people, which can easily lead to violence and already has from both sides.......that would be completely unprofessional.

6. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

7. smallcoffee thread starter macrumors 6502a

And yet you do exactly that here:

It doesn't matter what anybody else does or says. You have a responsibility to think for yourself and to keep your actions in check. I'm a veteran, even if I met somebody from Westboro Baptist Church with a couple of my buddies, I wouldn't start throwing punches at them.

It is never acceptable. It doesn't matter if Trump came out and said kill all non-Trump supporters. It's completely irrelevant.

8. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

9. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Unfortunately incidents like these are the reason why so many people don't take claims of similar attacks seriously. I alway try to approach claims like these with skepticism. I will never condone attacks on any minority.

10. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I never said it was acceptable. You completely misunderstood my post. What you say sounds great on paper, but this is real life. You can't throw out hateful retoric and expect a 100% peaceful response. That's not the way things work and you know that.

11. smallcoffee thread starter macrumors 6502a

You're still justifying it. You're still doing it. You're belittling people and saying they can't be held accountable for their actions. Stop. Justifying. This. Violence.

12. giantfan1224 macrumors 6502a

giantfan1224

Some people are more interested in playing the victim, always in need of blaming someone or something else for their problems.

13. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Good work, idiots. You are validating Trump voters' fear and prejudice and will drive more of them to the polls in 2020. Well done.

14. nrvna76 macrumors 6502

Does anybody realize that some folks hate HRC just as much as others hate him? And didn't a lot of the violence at his rallies get started by the DNC?

15. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

They should apply for political asylum elsewhere and GTFO. I haven't been thrilled with a lot of results, I'm not gonna act like a spoiled brat. This is what we get from the "everyone gets a trophy" generation.

16. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Now you're just putting words into my mouth. It's obvious you choose not to understand my post based on your undying love for Trump.

17. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

Exactly. This doesn't help at all if they want to win 2020. If they want to win in 2020 then the Democrats need to start appealing to people outside major cities. They also need a very good candidate. It's time to face the elephant in the room. Nominating someone like Hillary Clinton with tons of baggage and general dislike from the population isn't a winning formula. Nominating someone because it's their turn doesn't work out very well most of the time.

18. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

So will you hold trump responsible for the violence he has promoted?

19. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

And supporters at Trump rallies singled out people of color and those wearing religious garments, violently pushing and grabbing them, with encouragement from Trump himself. And some actually were there to support Trump.

But nevermind that, let's stick to only being concerned about anti Trump violence. ;)

20. smallcoffee thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nope, you put your words down in text on a forum. And I don't have undying love for Trump. I am a registered democrat, voted for Obama twice, and voted for Bernie in the primaries.
    Don't care what he's tweeted. Doesn't excuse people from acting like morons.

21. nrvna76 macrumors 6502

Honestly didn't see violence against people who were supporting the candidate. Not saying it didn't happen, just didn't see it. There's been violence on both sides, Clinton supporters are calling for people to die now. Going to a stadium full of people just to protest isn't the best idea to begin with, no matter what side.

22. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Lets just for the sake of argument say Trump is responsible for the violence. Where were you when Obama was injecting himself in every national story regarding so and so and "someone who could be his son"? The cop and the professor, Martin, Ferguson, etc. When was the last time we heard Obama stand up to the BLM movement and condone their actions? Maybe if Trump gives someone a beer it will all be better? I'm not a Trump supporter but god damn the hypocrisy is a little much to overlook.

23. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

thats what I figured only certain people are responsible for what they do.
    I don't remember oboma saying violence was ok or hate was ok.

24. vrDrew macrumors 65816

The fact that some individuals are reacting badly, even criminally, in the wake of Trump's election does not change the fundamental fact that he is a dreadful person to have as President. It does not make Trump voters "right" in their choice any more than it makes people who voted for Hillary Clinton "wrong".

In any political or social divide there are going to be individuals who let their passions drive them to commit unseemly, and some criminal acts. Vandalism, rioting and violence is wrong whoever does it.

25. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Sorry but the states they won plus the extra ones they'll get through demographics like Arizona plus a slightly better candidate will be more than enough.