This Making me go Crazy Someone Please Help ! [Apps stopped updating; can't download new ones]

Discussion in 'iPad' started by augustya, Feb 29, 2016.

1. augustya macrumors 68000

augustya

Hi Guys,

I am very desperately looking out for a solution for this, I am on iPad 3 running iOS 9.2.1 the latest iOS, last couple of days and this happened all of sudden, the APP's on my iPad have stopped updating and also I cannot download any new APP from the APP store. Let's says my APP downloading and updating has frozen. Whenever I try to download any new APP it just shows the faint APP icon with the waiting status and it Just does not proceed any further and does does not go beyond it.Same is the case with the update of APP's I hit the update tab and it keeps circling but then finally stops and nothing happens.

So far I have tried a couple of things to solve this and it has not helped... I have done things like,

1. Rebooted Hard reboot my iPad
    2. Restarted it.
    3. Signed in and out of the APP store
    4. Reset all settings
    5. Change DNS setting to Global DNS settings

I have spoken to Apple support they asked me to change the DNS setting to global and if that doesn't work they want me reset to iPad to factory setting which will erase all data on my iPad and bring back my iPad to factory settings, I am not all that keen to restore to iPad to factory settings anything else that any of you can plea suggest which I am missing here and which might work ?

2. Leo90 macrumors 6502

In settings, set your time to be automatic. I think this will do.

3. augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya

Nope this is not working, sliding to automatic download did not help this what it shows all the time.

image.png

4. trominger macrumors newbie

trominger

Have you tried logging out of your account rebooting and logging back in?

5. augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya

You mean APP Store Account right ? Yes I have done even that ! It hasn't helped ! Ok wait are you saying first log out of the APP store then reboot and log in ? Because I don't know I don't remember if I rebooted with the APP store signed in or out ! I did reboot and I did sign in and out but I don't remember the sequence !

6. trominger macrumors newbie

trominger

Yep that's what fixed mine. You could Also try logging out of your icloud account but its pretty much the same thing. Short of wiping the unit and restoring I am at a loss..

7. stevemiller macrumors 65816

I had this issue on iOS 9 on my iPad 3. I had an app that was stuck for literally weeks. It eventually resolved itself.

There have been a bunch of mentions of app download and update issues with iOS 9. It's kind of a frustrating mess :(

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Do you have an iTunes or iCloud backup? If so, you could try resetting to factory, then restoring from the backup.

9. snow755 macrumors 6502a

snow755