This new amazon show.

JagdTiger

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 20, 2017
Hmmm, not sure if this belongs here or nor but is this a humorous take or something else on someone in office?

LordVic

macrumors 603
Sep 7, 2011
Hmmm, not sure if this belongs here or nor but is this a humorous take or something else on someone in office?

Holy crap man you make me laugh everyday.

This is a music video joke for the parody mini-series on Amazon called "Good Omens", based on the book written by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett.

it's a hilarious spoof on the movie "The Omen", and doesn't really tackle good/bad of religion. The fact some christian groups are up in knots about this show enough to petition Netflix to cancel it, shows how absolutely pathetic the outrage by these religious nutjobs is.

JagdTiger

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 20, 2017
Holy crap man you make me laugh everyday.

This is a music video joke for the parody mini-series on Amazon called "Good Omens", based on the book written by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett.

it's a hilarious spoof on the movie "The Omen", and doesn't really tackle good/bad of religion. The fact some christian groups are up in knots about this show enough to petition Netflix to cancel it, shows how absolutely pathetic the outrage by these religious nutjobs is.
I know it’s a parody but what if they were trying to say something about a politician wether serious or not.

LordVic

macrumors 603
Sep 7, 2011
I know it’s a parody but what if they were trying to say something about a politician wether serious or not.

Well, Considering it was written in 1990... It's either very prophetic, or amazingly, many of the same ******** that goes on today existed in 1990 as well

But is it a direct attack on anyone currently in office? No. It was written 29 years ago. It was very well done and pretty close to the books. So liklihood that the authors knew Trump would be in office so far into the future, I would say, highly unlikely.

JagdTiger

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 20, 2017
Well, Considering it was written in 1990... It's either very prophetic, or amazingly, many of the same ******** that goes on today existed in 1990 as well

But is it a direct attack on anyone currently in office? No. It was written 29 years ago. It was very well done and pretty close to the books. So liklihood that the authors knew Trump would be in office so far into the future, I would say, highly unlikely.
Yes but oddly enough it seems the simpsons knew he would be in office or thought so, did they have inside information?