This one just had me ****ing myself laughing, the Kinect is racist.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Ttownbeast, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Ttownbeast macrumors 65816

I did not know exactly where to put this one so I figured PRSI was the safe bet:
    http://www.tribbleagency.com/?p=7534

Remember boys and girls don't turn off the lights!

2. Heilage macrumors 68030

Heilage

Well, my skin reflects more light than a black person's, any movement control system based on the visual image would struggle with objects that reflect less light.

However, funny response from MS.

3. Mike225 macrumors 6502a

Mike225

Is this post a joke or do you just hate Microsoft and try to rag on them at every chance.

It's like the guy who was complaining that Kinect didn't work when he tried to play it with his cane and called Microsoft out on being discriminatory.

It's a new technology and obviously it needs contrast to work well. Contrast requires light.

BTW heres the actual response:
    "Kinect works with people of all skin tones," Microsoft told GameSpot. "And just like a camera, optimal lighting is best. Anyone experiencing issues with facial recognition should adjust their lighting settings, as instructed in the Kinect Tuner."

4. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Well I saw this with face tracking software. Had the same problem. Simple fact is what it is looking for in terms of faces is the shadowing created by your eyes. If you are fair skin it is easier to see than if you are dark skin.

In the dark who is easier to see a white person for a black person...

Sad part is people will still make it a huge deal and scream racism.

5. Ttownbeast thread starter macrumors 65816

As a consumer, I can say what I like or don't like about a product the post is not a joke but it sure as hell is funny it reminded me of this one from some time back:
    [​IMG]

6. RawBert macrumors 68000

RawBert

Yeah, that's totally racist. :D ;)

Your thread title made me laugh too. I saw "****ing myself" :confused: then realized, it's the S. :)

7. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Where on earth did you find tribbleagency?

8. Ttownbeast thread starter macrumors 65816

I am very fortunate to have something called Stumbleupon in my bells and whistles for Firefox. It comes in handy when I am looking for ideas for my weekly web comic. The stuff I stumble never ceases to entertain me.

9. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Haha that explains it :). By the looks of their other articles they're a bit tongue in cheek with their postings. But I don't think I'll be back...