This was the worst preorder in Apple's history

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Goldfrapp, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

With every other preorder in previous years, if you stayed up until 12:01 and ordered within 5-8 minutes, you were guaranteed to get your toy on launch day. This year, it was a total disaster.

Mad beyond belief.

[​IMG]

2. StvPtrsn macrumors newbie

Didn't have to refresh a single page...was kind of nice.

3. Sampple macrumors member

4. bigmikeyp macrumors regular

bigmikeyp

Agreed. Personally, it was by far the worst. Not been able to get a reservation and will now have to wait for whenever stock becomes available for 7+ (shipping in November already..! :eek:)

5. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Ordered 128GB matte black 7+ at 12:05. Delivery 9/16. *Shrug*

6. makinbiscuits macrumors member

Two years ago was horrible. It took me almost an hour to order my 6+. I was done this time in a couple minutes after 3.

7. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

That has definitely, definitely not been true in my experience. It's always been a bit hectic... timeouts, page refreshes, and shipping times slipping within seconds. :D

8. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

Same here. Got what I wanted no problems and delivery expected on the 16th. Perfection.

9. tommysm macrumors 6502a

tommysm

Same for me, all the other launcher were fails lol

10. MathersMahmood macrumors 6502

MathersMahmood

Same! So dumb don't make an option to reserve and then not behave that option work!

11. April Knight Suspended

No glitches here. All went smooth. The only problem is that the Jet Black 7+ was never available for delivery on the 16th. So even though the process went smoother than previous years, I'm still not getting my ~$1000 iPhone on day one.

I understand this is a "first world problem," but the keynote they gave never mentioned 7+ Jet Black not being available on Sept 16th, and their website even has a picture of the 7+ in Jet Black with "Available September 16th" below it. lol

12. 34 Volt macrumors regular

34 Volt

The only thing that screwed me this year was, for some reason, I couldn't change where I was shipping my phone. I have AT&T Next and preordered thru Apple Store via iPhone App. It had to be shipped to my parents house in FL (billing address), and slipped to 3-4 weeks. Ugh.

13. DustinDev47 macrumors 6502

DustinDev47

As expected, the launch time was a bit late but I got everything I wanted and the only issue I encountered was one that I caused myself, and I still got what I wanted. I always get what I want. Funny how that works

14. andyp350 macrumors 6502a

First world problems! Just have a bit of patience and get some perspective. A few weeks really isn't that long.

15. ARizz44 macrumors 6502

ARizz44

I know a few people who were able to get the plus in Jet Black with a 9/16 delivery but it appears the supply was smalllllllllllllll. As in ridiculously small.

16. Michael Goff macrumors G3

Michael Goff

The funny thing is that a lot of people were on here saying how nobody would be buying it. Now everything has slipped back, it killed a couple carrier websites, and I still haven't been able to get my preorder through.

17. acctman macrumors 6502a

acctman

purchase my phone in 4-5 screen clicks on via the Apple Store app. 1-2mins tops... verzion ate up 30secs checking my account upgrade but once it came back Apple pay checkout and done.

7+ 128gb Black, ship 16th

18. oldmacs macrumors 68040

or the supply was low

19. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Let's see where we are now.

"It won't sell."

… product sells out in hours …

"Apple are deliberately holding supply back."

… sales figures show they sold a metric crapton …

"It's only the loyal fanboys that bought them."

… next quarter shows sales growth …

"We've reached saturation point."

… continued sales growth …

… repeat for the next X years …

Don't you just love this time of the year?

20. oldmacs macrumors 68040

At this point that is all speculation.

21. Mr.Blacky macrumors regular

According to the internet, EVERY preorder for an Apple product was the worst!:confused:

22. redbeard331 macrumors 6502a

redbeard331

ATT really screwed it up for a lot of people, if you pre-ordered the 6S when it went live last year they are making you wait until the 21st to even pre-order!!! I guess it won't be a pre-order by then... With shipping times already well into November for jet black, I can't even imagine how many months we'll have to wait by the 21st!! Makes me want to just tell ATT to go **** themselves and switch to T-Mobil

23. Snot Rox macrumors 6502

Snot Rox

I thought it went
    I think the reserve option worked. I thought that too, but If you check the regular 7, it shows in store reservation is available for pick up on the 16th. Well, where I am anyways shows every 7 is available for pick up except for the jet black.