This year's new MacBook Air?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Lunasol24, May 22, 2018.

1. Lunasol24 macrumors newbie

I heard that the new Macbookair will upgrade the screen this year? Will it be upgraded to 2K?

2. Glmnet1 macrumors 6502a

No one knows. I'm expecting the Air to be discontinued and a $999 or $1099 MacBook to take its place. This would mean a better screen, fanless design, TB3 but also losing the legacy ports.

3. Macdctr macrumors 6502a

Macdctr

As much as I hate to see this, this is the most likely route I see Apple going. I hope I'm wrong....

4. crzdcolombian macrumors 6502a

crzdcolombian

Will it have the airs battery life and not a crap keyboard?

5. unagimiyagi macrumors 6502a

I don't see how a new air would be any different than a MacBook Pro or MacBook 12. They've got to drop the air entirely. And there will be last year's (2017) MacBook 12 priced for $899 I bet. No changes. Or the 2017 MacBook Pro 13 no Touch Bar 128gb ssd will be $899. That should be about it. I would bet 100% that the keyboard won't change at all. I don't see any hardware changes at all to that entry level model. It'll just be a reshuffling of their product names and dropping the price.

6. fastlanephil macrumors 65816

fastlanephil

Hopefully, unlike the current 12” MacBook, what ever Apple comes up with will have more than one port. That’s a little rediculous.

7. Scepticalscribe macrumors Westmere

Scepticalscribe

Why?

It is by far the best and most reliable laptop that they have ever released.

8. andy89 macrumors 6502

They dropped the iPad Air. Maybe that's an indicator they are phasing out the Air products.

9. Scepticalscribe macrumors Westmere

Scepticalscribe

To my mind, the iPad Air had nothing to do with the MBA computer line - it was a rebadged iPad; besides, the iPad was designed to consume content, the computer (MBA and its siblings) to help you create content.

10. Boyd01 Moderator

Boyd01

Staff Member

Seems to me that the iPad Mini 4 is more comparable to the MacBook Air. It hasn't been updated since 2015 and is expected to be discontinued. Have actually been thinking of getting one of these.... would be right at home with my other "Apple orphans" - two Mini's and an 11" MBA. ;)