Those amazed with Siri, check this out

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ijohnbro, Oct 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ijohnbro macrumors regular

These been around for years. Awesome isn't it :)

http://alice.pandorabots.com/

----------

Please identify yourself.

You said: Apple
    A.L.I.C.E.: Apple: 1. Temptation of Adam. 2. Inspiration for Newton. 3. Empire for Steve Jobs.

You said: do you like iPhone?
    A.L.I.C.E.: You have reached the limits of my knowledge.
    I would look into the web for that knowledge.

And that's what Siri does as well. Android has voice to Web too! Just without the baby toy built in the bots.

2. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

Not too impressive. First response was "I don't know what that means." :rolleyes:

3. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

You type stuff in ?

Doesn't that defeat the purpose ?

4. ijohnbro thread starter macrumors regular

Im not comparing this 1995 program to Siri. Just making a point, Siri isn't that new or that innovative. Voice to text has been done for years and these silly bot programs been around even longer.

5. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

6. musika macrumors 65816

musika

7. ProMed12 macrumors member

Did you buy a 4S?

8. ijohnbro thread starter macrumors regular

Sitting in your mama's basement with a shiatsu. Peanut butter on your **** right hand on your iPhone 4S going click.

9. ijohnbro thread starter macrumors regular

No seriously though. To many People sniffing the iPhones butt, if they did it with any phone even the Galaxy S2 id still rough em up a little. It's all preference anymore.. to like one over the other is feasible these days cause Android stepped up alot. Back in 2009 and 2010 I had an iPhone 3GS best phone I ever had back when all Androids sucked. Some Androids still do suck if it isn't within the best 5 android phones it's junk still. Everyone is doing a good job over at Apple and Samsung and maybe HTC too on a couple models, I'm proud of them for making durable phones like Apple though or at least close.

10. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Yeah, really smart. :rolleyes:

The point of Siri is that it's speech to text done better. Just as Apple always does, they almost never invent anything. They just take a crappy thing and make it worth using.

11. 7even macrumors 6502a

You don't even have an iPhone. Why are you here? :)

12. ijohnbro thread starter macrumors regular

You said: When were you built?
    A.L.I.C.E.: November 23, 1995.

LOL 1995 I hope Siri is better lol. But Siri still isn't as accurate as looking it up on the web so to me it's still a baby toy. yeah speech to text is getting better all the way around. I remember my iPhone 3GS wasn't so good at it, technology moves forward everywhere not just for Apple. it's ideas that count, and I just don't like baby toys is all, it has great text to speech. Sure the Nexus Prime will also. And you're going to have to live with that now aren't you?

13. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I don't think you understand exactly what Siri does or what goes on under the hood if you think this is an adequate comparison.

EDIT: After seeing your other posts I can see you are just trolling.

14. neutrino23 macrumors 68000

it is really clear that you have no idea what Siri is capable of. It is far more than speech recognition.

15. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Again...OBVIOUS TROLL IS OBVIOUS.

Seriously, ijohnbro...you've been posting this crap all night. What is it? You bought an iPhone 4 and now you're not eligible for an upgrade? Or you're just an Android troll who's come out to play?

And what's with the fascination with baby toys? That seems to be your favorite phrase when referring to Siri. Maybe you've got a fetish you're trying to tell the world about without actually saying what it is? Do we need to notify the people in your area to keep and eye on their kids?

Let it go. Find a woman (or in your case, apparently, a baby). Get a hobby. Do something other than amusing your small little mind by trolling on forums.

16. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Yea ijohnbro and vitzr are top trollers of any posts about Siri. Don't get why they talk about it so much seeing as they don't like it at all.

17. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Suffice to say, this is not hugely related to the iPhone, nor particularly productive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.