Those delivery dates are not 100% guaranteed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hankster, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

I've read several people posting about how Apple.com is showing a two week ship date, but ATT and VZ are not. So, people are pre-ordering from ATT and VZ instead.

Just an FYI those ship dates are not guaranteed. ATT and VZ simply didn't change the date when Apple did. There has been dozens of reports (Google it) that all iPhone 5s were sold out within one hour for Apple, ATT and VZ.

I ordered mine from VZ at 7am. There was an issue so they asked that I call in. For some reason my order turned out to be for four iPhones. This was obviously a mistake but while I had the rep on the phone I asked if the delivery date was still next Friday. He said most likely not because they already sold out of the first batch for next week's shipment.

I always take rep's info with a grain of salt, but for those who think just because ATT and VZ displays a ship date of next Friday...doesn't mean it's correct. :cool: It would not surprise me at all if most orders were shipped two weeks from now regardless of where it was ordered.

2. 7even macrumors 6502a

We'll find out in a few days :cool: Glad I had my order in around the 1 AM mark. Hopefully it comes on time.

3. BmoreDrumGuy macrumors regular

I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of disappointed people who ordered through their carriers after the two-week pushback. For their sake, I hope we're wrong. It would suck to think you got one, only to find out its coming much later than expected.

4. Big.Mac.Daddy macrumors 6502a

Cant you just call your carrier to cancel your pre-order and then go in person on the 21st to get one?

Or are you locked in with no ability to cancel once you pre-order?

5. BmoreDrumGuy macrumors regular

It's a possibility. However, going though the process to reserve an iPhone may have already pushed your eligibility through the system....meaning, you would have to talk to your wireless provider about canceling and resetting your status for upgrade. Worth trying if your willing to stand in line.