Those (like me) waiting for a white iPhone4. Has bad antenna publicity put you off?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iFanboy, Jun 26, 2010.

1. iFanboy Guest

Anyone who was waiting for a white iPhone4 now put off buying one because of the antenna troubles?

Personally, for every person reporting experiencing a problem, there seem to be two people saying they aren't having a problem/can't reproduce the problem.

I will still be ordering my white iPhone4 as soon as I am able :)

What about everyone else?

2. Ramunas macrumors member

3. glanv macrumors regular

I decided not to buy at launch and I am glad I did. Although the reception issue puts me off a bit, I don't think I'll be able to resist! However, I am confident that if I do get one with reception issues I will get it exchanged (and I will keep getting it exchanged until I get a unit that isn't faulty).

4. aresinferno macrumors regular

Willing to wait a bit longer to get one just to be sure but I still plan to get one, even if I have to use a bumper case.

5. rotlex macrumors 6502a

I'll be picking two up as soon as the white are available. A black one for myself, and a white one for my wife. :D I'm confident the reception issues will be resolved, and all this will be forgotten just a few months down the road.

With that said, I'm kind of glad I waited, and didn't jump on the hype machine, and need to get one on day one.

6. trekkie604 macrumors 65816

trekkie604

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I still want one so I can ditch my slow 3G. Hopefully the second run of phones that are destined for Canada include a properly insulated metallic band. ;)

7. naths macrumors 6502

its put me right off!!!...how can it be fixed???..simple...iphone5!!!!.....its a hardware issue and short of doing a mass recall after a redesign i dont know how they are going to fix it...im in the UK and sorry to say HTC Desire here i come...

8. Nicholas.C macrumors 6502a

Nope, I am not being put off by the issue an iPhone is an iPhone. Amazing bit of technology.

9. fishmoose macrumors 68000

I'm waiting for them to be released over here (black or white) and it hasn't put me off one bit. I'm confident Apple will fix it.

10. Bigrahizzle macrumors regular

Bigrahizzle

it hasnt put me off but it did make me think. I will be getting one when they release the white one. If i have issues i will be calling apple support and getting it changed out until the issues are gone.

11. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Yes I'm Very Put Off

I trusted Apple - BIG MISTAKE

I've spent over $10k this year upgrading to new Apple laptops & peripherals.

Then I bought this iPhone 4, only to find that I can't expect it to make a phone call?

Lucky for me I have other lines with excellent smartphones. If I wasn't an enthusiast of mobile devices & only had one phone, if it was an iPhone 4 I'd be out of luck.

12. GorData macrumors member

I am a bit turned off by this, hopefully by the time the white version gets released, they have figured everything out or I will stick with my 3GS for another year.

13. jon snow macrumors member

It has put me off a bit. I figured I would use the bumper and it wouldn't end up being a problem. I've always had my iPhones in a case so not a big deal. The only issue that remains is that I am told by friends with the phone and the bumper case that the JH13 custom IEM plug will not work with the bumper. Not a big deal. I will just have to work on another solution as I use my JH13's with my iPhone a lot. Without a case or bumper the phone is not practical the way I hold the phone. I tried out a friends phone yesterday.

14. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

It's put me off. I don't really drop many calls with my 3gs anyhow, but I'd hate to start dropping calls. Plus there are many other factors which I don't think make it worth re-upping my 2 years with ATT. Retina display and 512mb are just marketing gimmicks, and the phone looks like a 90's candybar phone with its clunky chunky exposed screws design.

I think I'll be happy with my 3gs until the iphone5 comes out, and I hope they take a step forward with it instead of backwards.

15. PhoneI macrumors 65832

The display and extra memory are marketing gimmicks? Have you seen the phone yet? The display is stunning.

16. SonicBoom1981 macrumors regular

It has a little.... but even more so actually holding the iPhone in my hand in the shop, and thinking, oh, it's just a HD faster iPhone... meh. I'll probably still get one when they've ironed out the problems...

17. der-kaiser macrumors 6502

I believe in giving second chances (Job's response was as dumb as it gets though). But it all depends on what they do to rectify this 'non-issue'.

18. ciaran00 macrumors 6502

19. Gryzor macrumors 6502a

Your jealousy in being tied to your 3GS contract could not be more evident if you tried... :rolleyes:

20. ozziegn macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

this whole antenna thing has been blown way out of the water. I've had my iPhone 4 since launch and I'm not having any issues.

and no, I don't hold my phone any special ways.

21. AuburnApple macrumors member

It has for me. I have 4 friends with the iPhone 4 that came over to my place last night. I asked all of them whether they have the reception problem and all said no. Once I tried replicating the problem on each of their phones, ALL of them did in fact have the problem, and I live across the street from an ATT cell tower. I've never seen anything less than 5 bars in my apartment. I'm seriously considering just keeping my 3GS until next year.

22. Safari King macrumors member

I am a little disappointed, but if there truly is a hardware issue, Apple will have resolved it by the time the white iPhone is available.... so my plan is to buy the white unit.

23. Fraaaa macrumors 65816

Fraaaa

It didn't for me. It would have if 100% of the people who bought one had the issue, but it was not. I bought mine, no issues and I didn't see anyone in the shop I went coming back and say that had this issue.

Plus if a case really improve the situation, than at least you get a solution somehow.

The other reason is that lots of people are just trolling around. I'm not saying that is not true, but some of them just make it look worse than it is sometimes.

I had no problem, and I wish you the same.

24. Kendio7 macrumors member

Slighty put off, lets just hope they sort it out by the end of July.

25. Fraaaa macrumors 65816

Fraaaa

Hardware issues means throw the millions of phones away and build a new one, or open up millions of phone and fix them. Both are not the case, the white iPhone won't be anyway different by the black.